or Connect

Posts by 2goingon2

Congratulations! I am 42 and pregnant with #5, due sometime in December. I have been pregnant and/or nursing since 2007 and didn't get any further testing with the last two other than ultrasounds. My doctor never pushed and was perfectly fine with our decision. I had 3 u/s with the last two and have already had 2 with this little guy. My doctor wants to do one more around Thanksgiving. I'm fine with it. I'm not bothered by u/s though I know some women are and...
1st - none that I remember 2nd - yikes 3rd - whoa 4th - holy crap. Pain pills needed twice. 5th - still waiting to find out!
So here's the scoop: hope it's not too long...I tend to get wordy. 19-almost-20-month old son wakes up sometimes 6-8 times a night. He sleeps in a crib (started at 17 months, up until then he slept beside me and was night weaned at 16 months) at the foot of my bed. My three year old son sleeps in a daybed that is beside mine. Sometimes I can gently 'shh, shh, it's night-night" and he'll settle himself and other times I have to get up and pat him. Sometimes...
Quote: Originally Posted by Theoretica You're related to Dick Cheney and George W? You win. Okay...that totally made my day!!!
Quote: Originally Posted by CarrieMF If you call what exactly are you reporting on a man holding a belt who was physically having to hold his son's arm & the boy was cowering? Just that. He was threatening the boy who in the OP's eyes, was genuinely frightened. You really know nothing about this this situation. - Sounds like she saw enough to report. Cowering - the boy could be terrified of crowds, people, doctors, this particular...
I don't think you need a van. We had a Denali that I loved, loved, LOVED. We made sure it had bench seats in the second and third row. That way, the two little guys were in the second row in their car seats. When my older son and daughter rode with us, one rode next to the two little boys and one had the whole third row to themselves. In the event we needed to stop so I could nurse, I simply got in the back and had plenty of room. Did I say I loved that truck? ...
I carry my 36 lb 3 year old on my right hip and my 26 lb 19 month old on my left hip...coming up the stairs. This isn't every morning as it just plain wears me out (25 weeks pregnant) but no problems so far. They both also get carried down to bed and lifted into the van. You just need to make sure you are using proper lift and carry techniques.
What I want to know is...what type of person actively seeks those ads out AND responds to them?!!
My 3 year old son does this too. He is definitely Daddy's boy. He even cried and cried for him the other night because he wanted Daddy to take him night-night; not mama. I told him I loved him and he said 'no - I love Daddy'. I'm 6 months pregnant and a wee bit emotional so it made me cry a little. Of course it was dark and he didn't realize I was crying. My husband is a wonderful father - the world's most patient, loving and doting man...or at least to me. He is...
I've never heard that before. I am pregnant with my 5th child and he is starting to get just as busy as his four older siblings. They were incredibly active and had a very predictable play/sleep pattern. None were anxious with the exception of #2. We lost our home and most of our belongings in a tornado (we were in the house) when I was 7 months pregnant with him. He was a little bit more high-strung than his laid-back big sister but in the big scheme of...