or Connect

Posts by LoveLife

Wow. I haven't been on since my reply and have so many more responses and they are all great thoughts. So much to think about. Update for us: we've done a few more lessons & he already seems to be getting it more, so we will keep at it for now. I will definitely watch though to make sure that we continue only if his interest level is there and he still seems ready and wanting. I will also try to make it more fun, versus just following the book.
Thanks everyone for the replies! I appreciate it so much. I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing it too soon and that this was a normal part of the process. We'll keep going at it. :)
I just went through our diapers and realized we need to update and grab some more.   I have: 15 newborn prefolds from GMD 5 covers, a bummis, gum genius, and Thristies. Some Kissaluv AIOs that I hated. LOL.   We loaned out our larger sizes to a friend in need and never got them back before we moved, so now I've got to find a way to get everything bigger than newborn.   Does anyone know if Thirsties makes just covers anymore? We loved the Thristies covers with DSs...
DS1 is 5.5. He knows all his letter sounds and has for a while. He was getting bored with reviewing the letter sounds & wanted to start learning to read/ blending. I have Phonics Pathways & Alpha Phonics. I decided to go with Alpha Phonics based on its reviews and approach. We did lesson 1 on Monday & 2 today. Lesson 1 starts off blending "a" with letters m, n, s, t & x to make the words am, an, as, at & ax. Today they added to the beginning of each word to make larger...
My computer crashed so I haven't been on in forever! Right now I'm waiting on a couple of friends to see if they want to join me for a big cooking day. We've done it before and basically everyone makes 5 meals and triples or quadruples them (depending on how many of us are doing it that month) and then we bring the ingredients for 2 additional meals (again enough to split it) and cook those while hanging out for the morning. We leave with 21-28 meals for the month and it's...
We're struggling with this right now. We live far away from family, so we don't have to worry about the birth part, but after... it gets tricky. This was getting long, so I deleted and I'm gonna try and make it shorter.   We wanted a week to ourselves with our first. If people could've visited and LEFT, it'd have been fine, but visiting and STAYING in our house is a different story. My parents were great about it. DH's showed up after three days, with our nephew who has...
My hip is still bugging me some, but nothing like the day I posted my little pity party on here. LOL. Everyday since then I've done some yoga. Not much, a probably 10 minute hip/back segment. I'm hoping to add to it next week. The yoga feels good, but my hips let me know if I overdo, so I'm trying to pace myself so I can still do stuff around the house, etc.
So I haven't been all that great at sticking to my workout plan. I've done some stretching, but not enough.   Yesterday I went crazy on the house and ended up with horrible pain in my right hip. In the evening I couldn't even bend over/down. This morning is much the same. Even walking hurts. I did some yoga and stretching to try and alleviate the pain, but sitting is what helps most. I'm so bummed.   I feel so weak this pregnancy, not strong and vibrant as I have in...
@zakdat DS2 is a Mason! We've yet to encounter anyone else with the name, but when looking at names for this little one, we saw its moving up the charts.   We just found out this one is boy #3!!!    For middle names we use a family name. DS1 has DH and FIL's middle name; DS2 has mine, my mom's, and my grandma's middle name and my great-grandpa's first name.   Our boys names are: Hayden William Mason Lee   For this baby we like Sawyer Joseph and Owen Robert. We...
I think I've finally got enough energy to start putting more effort into exercise, so this thread's timing is perfect! I'd love to join.   I've been putting most of my energy into getting my house back in shape, and though its no where near close to being clean, it slowly getting better, so I'm going to put some of that energy towards working out. In the spring we'll start working in our little garden, so that will help too.   My current goals: Stretch 2x/day- morning...