or Connect

Posts by mouso

Love Bug, I want to see but those links bring me to an error page!
I love to see your pics and hear the news. I miss our old cabin in VT! 
I am also in rainy OR, like beansmama. It can be pretty frustrating in the winter. We try to go out when the weather is decent and have an annual pass to the science museum which also get us into other science museums in neighboring cities- 1 visit to each one and it has already cost more than the year pass! Also, yes, those things like Groupon sometimes have great stuff. We just bought a deal that will get us a lunch for free this weekend (or whenever we want) on...
Denvergirlie, yeah, I don't see how they have a leg to stand on since it was a term before they trademarked it. Wow, that's really crappy.   
Thanks! I'll check it out. 
Hi there. We have a second car that DH drives. The majority of the time DD is not in that car- maybe once every week or two. We have a Cosco Scenera in there but DD just passed 40 pounds, so that's the seat limit for that.  In our main car we have a Marathon (for DS) and a Radian 80 (for DD). I can find plenty of expensive 5 pt harness boosters that are 40 plus, but not any less expensive ones. I will not put her in a belt booster so we'll spend what we have to, but we...
Honey, it's not you. People say things like that to make themselves feel better about themselves. Totally messed up, but true. And it is a hollow victory because they go back to feeling empty and like they need to put down others more and more often to make themselves feel better. Sorry someone is using you for that. Just know that they are unhappy. And while that doesn't really make it sting any less sometimes, know that you make yourself feel empowered by doing...
What a wonderful thing to be doing! And I'm so glad yoga has helped you.   I  was not abused by a member of my family, although I did suffer some sexual abuse as a child, but my mother was abused by her dad as you were for years. I found out at around 16, this was due to her basically breaking down. They did think it best to tell us and, really, it explained a lot in terms of a lot of areas of life. I was totally able to deal with it at that age and think I would...
OP here. My heartfelt condolences to you.    Seriously, though, has anything ever worked for y'all? Do s/he wake up crying too?
She does have a snuggle animal. Maybe we need to come in and redirect her to snuggle it instead of snuggling her.   We have a noise machine.  New blankets, cotton clothes, night light she likes. DH has slept in there a bunch, haha, so he knows the room feels decent. I have slept in there with my DS some nights and actually find it more comfortable than our room. :) Like I said, last night she woke every 10 minutes. So it's not the sleep cycle, although she always...