or Connect

Posts by aslmere

Thanks for the reply. We actually gave up 2 months ago, when she was 2 months old. She absolutely refused to nurse. Then at 3 months old she got RSV and was hospitalized again for 9 days. She was too weak to eat and they placed an ng tube, which a month later she still has. She is refusing to eat more than about 60% of her feeds orally. So apparently the problem goes deeper than just wanting to take the easy way out. She has an older brother who is 7 and still fed...
Little girl is stubborn and refuses to nurse. I can get her to latch maybe once a day and she will suck for 5 minutes (almost exactly) each time and then refuse to get near my breast again. I am feeling rejected... frustrated, sad, overworked I am still pumping and I will for as long as I can...taking it one day at a time. I am not keeping up with her, and due to family situation can't dedicate as much time as I need to build a bigger supply. DH wants me to just...
I really guess it isn't going to work for me this time. I couldn't pump anything this morning, even though I felt fuller. Beginning of the end I guess. I am so sad about this. I am already pumping at least 8 times a day and taking more milk special blend with goats rue and drinking gallons and eating oatmeal and I don't know what else to do!
Well we have been home for a week now and although not having to go to the hospital is great,, breastfeeding is still not going well. once in a blue moon she will latch well and actually swallow, but for the most part she gets easily frustrated and falls asleep quickly. She prefers the quick gratification of the bottle. I am putting her to breast three times a day, but it feels like we aren't making much progress yet. And my nipples ar sore and red and feel bruised...
Seriously thank you guys so much!! I feel so much better. I do know that it will be okay and chances are good that she will be on the breast 100% before 2 months are up.  LC and I tried a few times to get her latched correctly, but ultimately we decided that she did need the nipple shield because of the size of her mouth. She was latching ok and then would lift her tongue and push out my nipple. She had good instincts when she was hungry, just poor follow...
Ok.  I really KNOW that our issue isn't that big of a deal. I know that it will get better. But at the same time I don't know how much to push. DD is 5 days old and was born at 36 w 6 d (we know that theese dates are accurate) with IUGR. They estimated her gestational age at 34 weeks, so not too bad. She was 4 lbs 7 oz and 16 inches long. She dropped to 4 lbs by the next am. She is in the NICU with typical 34 weeker and cesarean issues. She is doing great now....
We have decided on a name (but not a spelling!) Her name is Nora(h) Jane. Family drama is ongoing and ppl are starting to say hurtful things. I have decided to stay out of it! She is now doing a good job regulating body temp on her own. Her chest xyrays still show quite a bit of fluid in her lungs. She is still breathing more rapidly than they would like, and without the cpap has to work too hard at it.. so the cpap stays for now. Also as long as she is still...
Baby girl was born via cesarean at 10:42 on Thursday the ninth. She weighs 4 lbs 7 oz and is 16 inches long. So just a peant, but we expected that. She is in the NICU, she is having a hard time clearing all the gunk and fluid out of her lungs and is on a CPAP right now so whe doesn't weat herself out trying to breathe. She also is having a little bit of a hard time maintaining her body teperature and for now is under the warming lights. Dr in NICU says she looks...
Well I made it to 37 weeks with baby still inside and growing some. So today is the day! And I get to share it with rapsberry.swirl! She and I both go in at the same time (different cities, of course) 10am pacific!   I hope everything goes well for you and baby Julian and he is as healthy as can be! I hope that my surgery is free from the potential complications and baby is bigger than expected!   Of course now that we have reached babyeviction day, I have...
From the cpsc recall: Note: Firm is no longer in business. The repair kit is no longer available. If you do not have the repair kit, stop using and discard this product.