or Connect

Posts by ziggy

With babysitting the money is nice, but I'd never do it if I didn't love kids. That's why I often volunteer to watch kids for free. there's a woman who lives nearby, has a 9 month old son who I babysit for sometimes. She's a single mom, and I know she's stressy. Sometimes I'll stop by and ask if I can steal her son for a couple hours. It's not that she really needs a babysitter then, but I know she appreciates being able to get things done quickly. I would never ask...
What I said above is more my rate for people I don't know. For friends or whatever? Usually free, or next time we're hanging out they'll pay for the meal, or whatever. With a mom I babysat for in high school I knew she couldn't afford to pay a sitter everyday afterschool, and the school care program didn't work for her either. Her son was the same age as my little sister, and I was already picking up both my younger siblings, so I told her not to worry about paying...
I started shaving when I was 11 because the teasing in gym class was getting so bad. I stopped shaving my legs in HS because I was in dance we we wore thick tights anyway. I no longer shave anything.
I don't have a set amount I charge - I leave it up to the parents. However, if they ask me to set a charge then my rate is $8 per hour plus $2 for each additional kid. For infants the parents usually offer up more. For reference, I'm 20.
I'm not a mama, but I'm hairy alright. I'm actually freaking out right now. I'm getting on stage for a dress rehearsal in a half hour. In a tanktop. And I don't shave. I haven't shaved since August, and while it wasn't ever frequent before that, I haven't been in a tank top since then either. yikes?
Oh, oh, I wanna play! I'm 20, but we'll just pretend I'm a teen still. I'm not that far out. At 18: http://b0.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/0...64078200_l.jpg At 19 (possibly on my birthday, actually) working at a summer camp for children and adults with developmental delays: http://a132.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...5b20e3dc8b.jpg 20th birthday. It's time for PRIDE: http://a982.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...e9fc7d7e85.jpg A few months ago. Ren-Faire...
I talked to her for awhile afterwards and just told her I thought she was great, and cooed over her baby for awhile (at which point the mom said "oh, wanna hold her for a minute?" And darted off to the bathroom. Poor mama). I guess she'd always wanted to do this monologue since she first heard it performed, and never got the chance. Finally, she was free this year, and then got pregnant. Her daughter came almost three weeks late, so she would have been an eensy bit...
Quote: Originally Posted by meganmarie Well, okay, good for her for bf'ing and pumping but - I don't get it. Why isn't she freezing and storing/sending the milk back to her dd? Is her dd drinking formula in the meantime? Weird. Yeah, I don't quite get that either.
I'm performing (and organizing) the vagina monologues at my college this year, and last weekend another girl in the play and I went to see another performance of it in town - support others in hopes they'd support us. For those unfamiliar with the monologues, one is entitled "I was there in the room" and is about a woman witnessing a birth. The woman who performed this did it while holding her 7 week old daughter. The entire cast was sitting on stage for the whole play,...
Reading this makes me sad. My mom kicked me out at 17 and, so far as I can tell, never looked back. Hugs to you and your family. Your daughter is lucky to have a mom like you.