or Connect

Posts by EarthMommy80

DP and I have discussed homeschooling for a couple of years now.  Mostly in regards to DD2, as she has Aspergers and we have had to deal with a very uncoopertive public school system.  Anyways, this year has been awful for her and we made the decision just 3 short days ago to just go for it and try homeschooling out, and I have been researching up a storm (not that I haven't before, this isn't so much about curriculum), but I want to make sure that withdrawing her will...
DP and I have made the decision (3 days ago! Eeek!) to finally pull our 8 year old Aspie DD out of public school.  Public has worked off and on since preschool, and this year is a total bust.  We have decided that enough is enough and we can provide more of what she needs than what the school can even come close to.  I think if it feels right, go with it!
I hope everyone had a great weekend!  The weather was nice here in MI, but the really hot and sticky stuff is this week and it's got a nice hot start to the week. I loathe Mondays.  *sigh*  Back to the weekly grind of homework and housework.  Good thing my mom picked up all the kids today and they won't be home till Wed. I actually mopped the floors today!  That's a pretty big deal, as it ends up being useless when the kids are trekking through the house...
We are pretty sure that we are going to be moving to Detroit from a suburb 1/2 mile north of Detroit.  We are looking into some lovely, large, updated lofts close to the river front... we have many reasons why we are making this decision and everything sits well with the decision we have made except schooling the children.  I am hoping someone might have some great links to resources regarding the laws on school of choice.   First thing first... we will NOT be...
Hey everyone!    I haven't been around for a long, long time as I am finishing up my first year as a fashion design student!  As well as all my happenings, I haven't had time for MDC. Although, I do stalk on occasion.  hehe   Anyways, grats to all the mamas with new babes, big hugs for those who need them and those who don't.   I'm missing having a Pagan community to bounce ideas off of, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, bounce ideas off...
My neighbor found a great deal on some "expires today" organic milk and brought me five 1/2 gallons for our family.  I have put 4 (or 5) in the freezer, because the milk smelled and tasted just fine.  I know you can get a couple extra days past exp date on any milk, but I've never froze milk before.  Anything I need to know about the unfreezing and how long should it last?  Any suggestions on using it up, if it only has a couple days out of the freezer before it goes...
Depends on the day ;)
No harsh words from me.... only understanding. I didn't get to have a vaginal birth, although I was educated and wanted my births to be all natural.  But, that was taken from me.  I had difficulties BF my children, and had all the same issues you listed. These things were all traumatic, and happened with the birth and bf of all 3 of my children.   I find myself resenting women who take advantage of or have no real appreciation for birth.  Because, people like...
I am ready for spring, and some weather magic too!  I don't have any ideas though lol.   Just catching up on my reading... as usual.   Taking the bus to school in the freezer weather today.  That's after I drag a 2 and 3 year old out in the cold to pick up the older DD's from their school. It wouldn't be so bad if every body would just shovel their walk.  It also wouldn't be so bad if I got my van fixed so I didn't have to keep dragging kids around town in the...
  Ooo, Chinese food!  Great idea!  Thanks :) I don't ever think to check in the HS thread.... omw now.