or Connect

Posts by BunchaCrunch

Quote: Originally Posted by Yooper Something I find a little amusing is that what we are discussing here varies so much by persepctive. On MDC, I am in the middle of the road somewhere. I will not list my "qualifications" but I do many things AP/NFL, but also do not do others. IRL, though, I am considered the "do it all" type. Breastfeeding past one year gave me that title. Maybe people think I am "holier than thou"? I am guessing a lot more would...
You are not weird at all for your feelings. I actually wondered about the same thing myself during my pregnancy. Since I have had my baby, I have not had much issue with finding my breasts less sexual or not enjoying that part of my body as I used to, if anything my sex life has become far better post-partum, breasts included. I have found that there is a certain amazing power that you realize your body has after you have given birth and have been noursing a child with...
That's awesome!
Excellent info!
Adorable
Go mama! That is fabulous!
My family makes very similiar remarks about my parenting and seem very proud of the choices they made, even when some were obviously to their children's detriment. I am trying my best to deal with it by either educating the person about AP or just ignoring their remarks if they are not somebody who is open to learning about AP or doing things differently than they did themselves. I also try to remember, as hard as it may be, that I have no need to impress those around me...
A friend of mine just found out that she is expecting a little boy and I would really like to bring up not circ'ing to her. I have not had any discussions with her about circ, but I do know she has seen some of my graphics/blinkies on Myspace, in addition to quite a bit of information that I have posted on my profile and blog there. I would like to either have a conversation with her about the dangers of circ and/or send some good information her way, but was unsure of how...
If I were in your shoes, I would either send a letter that expresses your concerns about breastfeeding education not being addressed in their office. I would highlight the numerous health benefits to both mom and baby and point out that any responsible health care provider would make a point to educate their patients on such an important health matter as breastfeeding. I would also be sure to point this doctor towards several beastfeeding resources. In addition, I...
I am always told the same thing by people and I do not understand it. I have yet to be away from my baby and have no plans to do so in the near future. My husband does not enjoy being away from her when he is working, so why would we leave her to go have "parent time". We would both be miserable and miss her the entire time. Plus I would have to bring my pump along or else be in pain in the outing went over two hours or so. Not my idea of fun at all! When my baby was...