or Connect

Posts by BunchaCrunch

I *love* hummus with all sorts of raw veggies. You can also make a yummy sandwich with hummus, some sprouts, and red pepper slices tucked into a pita. Very yummy lunch.
I could not imagine sleeping any other way!
Quote: Originally Posted by brooklyn lisa So glad you asked! NO. We used it for nights 1, 2 and 3. Nursed to sleep, moved dd into that contraption, then Lots of screaming. Repeat. On night 4 I was delirious and thankfully my instinct overrode what I'd been told about the dangers of cosleeping and I pulled my little baby in next to me, she nursed to sleep and slept (with more easy-access nursing during the night of course) till 9 am. And that's...
I would not at all agree with the idea that the American health care system supports breastfeeding. Between all the misinformation spread by medical professionals about breastfeeding, the breastfeeding sabotage bags handed out to new mamas at hospitals, and the advertising of formula is many doctors' offices, I would say they encourage formula feeding more than anything else. Just as there is a lot of money to be made with prescription drugs, the same holds very true with...
I would never personally consent to a vaginal exam again. Despite knowing better, I foolishly consented to a VE at my last prenatal appt on 10/31/06 which was a month before my "due date", as I had been experiencing what I just *knew* were dilation cramps/contractions. Sure enough, I was two centimeters and 80% effaced. Last on that evening, I noticed blood when I wiped after using the bathroom and thought it just must be irritation. Early the next morning, I was sitting...
I pushed for twenty minutes and was a little shocked at quick that phase of labor was for me. I had assumed it would be longer.
My daughter is three months old and I have yet to nurse her in public, barring in my car or a fitting room. I would really like the freedom to NIP any time, any place, but still feel very akward when I am nursing her. I have a large chest and cannot always count on my daughter to latch right away or stay latched for that matter, so I always wind up feeling uncomfortable and as if I have no idea what I am doing when I even try to NIP. I have never personally seen another...
I forgot about this gem. When I first told my mother that I was pregnant, she asked me what my doctor said when they realized my age. : I have no idea what she meant by that! I am twenty one, have been married for two years, and my husband and I support ourselves so what on earth could the issue be?? :
My family are all very mainstream and practically worship doctors, so the fact that I was using a midwife during my pregnancy did not sit well with any of them. Throughout my entire pregnancy, I had to deal with all sorts of snarky remarks, but several things said to me following my daughter's birth were very ridiculous. My daughter was born four weeks early and despite the fact that she was thankfully quite large and very healthy for her gestational age, my mother had...
Hello everybody. I am Amy, first time mother to my beautiful baby daugher, Sarah (b. Nov 2006), and wife to my wonderful husband. We are a co-sleeping, babywearing, non-vaxxing, cloth diapering, exclusively breastfeeding, and organic eating family. I look forward to "meeting" everybody here! Hope y'all have a great weekend!