or Connect

Posts by traceface

you know what I do? (a trick I got from my Ukranian sister-in-law) I cook a cup of buckwheat groats till they are soft, just boil them in water for about 15 min. Then I add this to the meat mix along with an egg and a couple tablespoons of plain kefir. (also garlic, salt and pepper. ) it stretches the meat, adds good nutrients and a mild yummy nutty flavor. I shape the meat into a slight disk shape instead of an actual ball, because it's easier to cook & turn them that...
Also wondering where is your husband in this scenario? Besides giving you a sanity breask, it is valuable for your children to have a one-on-one relationship with their dad.
Quote: Originally Posted by Butterflymom It's my fault. I normally post daily about my life because I have the strange idea that anyone would want to bother to read about it, but I have been taking a few days off. A girl's gotta breathe and go out and live her single adventures to have something to post about, ya know? Anyone listening? : Just once, I'd love the lurkers (I KNOW you're out there ) to come out of the woodwork and say, "Hey you!...
Quote: About showing up at the house she would likely call the police on him and say he is stalking her - something like that. Get him a restraining order - that kind of thing. I wouldnt expect her to play fair in any case. Quote: Originally Posted by Seie He as mentioned before did get an order saying he could see his kids every other weekend. If he has an order to see his kids every other weekend, then if she did get a...
Hang in there. You're not failing your kids. Can you ask your sister to give you a day to decompress so you can think straight and make a plan? s I'm sorry it's so hard right now.
I think you should get your kids on it if you qualify. At least it will cover the big, unexpected stuff. Then if not paying for your other insurance really saves you $200/mo, you can just pay out of pocket if there really is some situation where your kids are not comfortable w/ the Medicaid doctor. Normally I think you can find decent care w/ nice providers even using the state health insurance
I think it would come out the same - that is, if you are renting for $1000 and the mortgage would be $800 more, put away in savings $800 every month. * That* will be the money that you use to pay for the cost of the rental as a senior citizen. It's an investment either way, why does it have to be an investment in a house? It's just that a house w/ a mortgage forces you to save. If you rent, And renting is more flexible - if you have a paid-for house, you're going...
On www.slate.com there's a column called The Green Lantern where he does these kind of cost comparisons and breaks it down as to the environmental costs of various ways of doing things.
Quote: Originally Posted by That Is Nice I have a job, but after child care expenses, I have like $50 left over for living expenses. $50. That's it. So, that is why I haven't been able to save up much since going back to work. I used to be able to save a lot when I worked before having a baby because I wasn't paying anything for childcare. Then I became a SAHM and used quite a bit of the savings. Now I'm trying to figure out where to go from...
Also on all the different plastic bags/foil/wrap, I think Leta does a huge amount of cooking ahead and freezing, thus saving a ton of $. However one of the costs is having the right wraps and containers to freeze and pack this stuff efficiently away in the fridge. I remember for a while I was proudly re-using glass applesauce jars to freeze soups and sauces. But then I realized that they were all falling around in the freezer, I couldn't maximize space like I can with...