or Connect

Posts by traceface

Quote: Originally Posted by Anglyn My mom laughed at me when I said to her, "I regreat every generour impulse Ive ever had"! . I know what you mean. I have a list of books I've lent to various people and it's amazing how many people just do not return things!
Quote: Originally Posted by crunchy_mama I am soooo excited! Thanks to inspiration here and elswhere(and finally having energy in the second trimester here) I have really stayed on top of the house. That is great! I love hearing about others' successes. The thing is, wanting a clean house is not just about obsessively needing a perfect pristine space, it's about being on time and being able to find stuff and being able to *do* more (in...
Quote: Originally Posted by angieandwallace We have done several long car trips where many family members carpooled and dh didn't want to have to stop everyone every time he said "pee" That is so unfair of your dh! Once they learn not to use a diaper, I think telling them to just go ahead and use it "for this one time" could indeed be the start of a big set-back. It's very confusing - imagine telling an adult you are not going to stop on a...
Sorry it's so hard. I think at this point the only thing to do is wait it out.
Quote: Originally Posted by ameliabedelia The baby years will pass....you will once again come to a place where all your kids are older and it is "easier to do stuff" oceanbaby, you know when you were going through your whole thing about whether to move out of the city or not, and then finally decided yes, you would move to the suburbs? At first when I read your threads on that topic, I was puzzled as to why you would leave the city right when...
Quote: Originally Posted by vm9799 we have such a 'throw away' society and it definitely translates in our consumer goods where cheaper seems to be better. i prefer to buy quality over quantity myself though. So the problem is that if you do go for quality nowadays, you spend much more $$ than they did in the past. So harder to be frugal and end up which items that last you.
I don't know if you're in a position to do this, but we've gotten a rent discount before by offering to pay 6 mo rent upfront (the lower amount). It was appealing to that owner to have the chunk of cash all at once If she likes you & thinks of you as good stable renters, I'd use the angle of "with the lower income, we've looked at other houses and see that we can get slightly more for our money.This will work better if your place is just average value, not a fantastic...
Quote: Originally Posted by 4inMyHeart3inArms This "pride" in doing the wrong things just seems almost mean towards the mamas who are willing to rise to the occasion or willing to say "okay I failed so what, I'll learn more and try again when I can" Exactly! It's kind of like in middle school or something, it's not seen as cool to try to do well or to just earnestly say, "I really care about this and am going to figure out how to do it really...
Quote: Originally Posted by nina_yyc I am more concerned about people who don't think about their parenting enough to typecast themselves. Exactly.
Quote: Originally Posted by Fay Yes, I play with my kids. And I love it. My DH and I are huge believers in play therapy. Lawrence Cohen's book Playful Parenting has a chapter on the subject of why parents won't play with their kids, and he advises some self-examination on this point. that