or Connect

Posts by SkylarJulesmom

I know one that no one has touched upon yet, in this way anyway. Somewhere your weight will matter to someone. Whatever your body weight is someone will have to comment on it. I lost 15 lbs this summer from being very sick with a virus (and did not feel good about it!) And I got so many comments from people I work with (mind you) "Oh you look so great!! How'd you do it?!" And I would answer them frankly "I was extremely sick this summer I spent 2 weeks in the hospital not...
Hi, My name is Skylarjulesmom and I am a 2nd generation furniture rearranger. I learned from my mom. Wow that feels so much better.
Ug I wound up spending 2 weeks in the hospital (They still don't know what I had!) So my decluttering is on hold until I feel better, which I hope is soon!
I got so much done on thursday! I managed to fill my van with donation bags and got them donated that same day! the only thing that still in the living room are the bins for winter clothes and a couple of things that need to be stored. I even managed to get 4 bins of toys down to 2! : Then I was hit with a wicked virus and was down for the rest of the rest of the night When I get my strength back I plan to bring the rest of the stuff down to the garage and straighten up...
Day 2! I emptied Ds's room and have all the toys in the living room, now I'm working on Dd's room. Wow she's had alot of crap in there! I found 4 empty water bottles under her bad, despite asking her several times to clean it out. I have to move her bed and vacuum and mop. Tonight my sis is coming over to help me bring stuff down to the garage (winter clothes and such) and I still have 4 boxes of toys to go through in the garage! I want to get that down to one! Well back...
I just sent my kids off to stay with their aunts for 4 whole days! : I plan on giving the whole house a deep clean! So far (they've been out since 10am) I have taken all the toys from Ds's room and mopped half of the floor. Now I'm going to move the bed to the other side and mop the other half. Then I'm heading into Dd's room to do the same thing! I have alot to finish up that I really can't when they're around (things that have to go to the thrift store but if they are...
My Ds (now almost 9 1/2) Just asked me to stop buying him goodnights. On his own and we've tried everything that annettemarie did just short of bribing him (wish I'd thought of that! ) If theres no medical reason for him to be bedwetting then don't worry he will grow out of it. Mind you Ds has only been dry 3 nights keep your fingers crossed that he stays that way! It is genetic to a point I think, I wet the bed till I don't know how old (10 I think) So just give him your...
I have to say both my nephews (mixed black/white) started out with pin straight hair, during the first few months Nephew 1s hair became soft ringlets. (I begged my sis to keep his hair long but she started shaving his head short ) Nephew 2s hair was coarser and less curly but curly none the less. My dc mixed white/Mexican/Ecudorian had hair that changed at least every 6 months! So expect your lo's hair to go through alot of changes in the first year! Hope this helps!
I didn't even realize I have been cleaning in 15 min bursts this morning! So I'll join you; My first 15 min. was taking down the shower curtain liner and replacing it. (some time wasted looking for the newer shower hooks, which I didn't find. ) My next 15 I cleaned up the island in the kitchen and cleaned out the fish tank to put it back in the garage. I corralled all the glass jars together so I know what I have to work with. My last 15 I went to the garage and...
Marcella I could have written your post only my kids are 6 and 9! I love being around my kids but I can't stand to be around their friends! I don't enjoy having kids in my house on the weekends or after school. My Dd has one friend who will call a hundred times during the day to see if she can come to play and I feel bad that I don't want her to come over but when she's here its nothing but bickering! So I hear ya you're not alone!