or Connect

Posts by Kanga@work

I've checked this out too! What a great concept. I also like the adsorbent underpad. However, I'm thinking of trying to make one using a regular body pillow or two if it needs to be firmer. It's a bit too pricey for us, but it looks like a quality product and probably worth it... all organic, unbleached materials etc...
Since we've purchased a bed for my DS (2yo) he has been very happy to sleep in it. Almost giddy about it. It is in the family bed room and I ususally lay down with him until he's sleeping and go to him when he wakes up in the middle of the night (usually once a night). My DH didn't like it from day one and said that he wasn't sleeping well with DS so far away. I'm pregnant and liked the little bit of extra room initially. However the past two nights, I have not been...
My DS asks to "nurse please" but has recently become interested in naming all the different body parts and sometimes asks specifically for my "nipple" (he knows the difference between nipple, breast, and chest!) I think it's pretty cool, but my mom got a little red when DS pointed out my nipple to her.
Thanks for the interesting info... this has me wondering if anemia is why it took me so long to recover after the birth of my first child. I didn't have any external tears after a unmedicated vaginal birth, but it was a good six weeks before I could tolerate walking or even sitting up for any extended period of time. I was able to sleep alot with the baby... this time I've got a toddler to contend with and I've been wondering how I'm going to manage... maybe some heafty...
I'm now at 28 weeks and white european background
My hemoglobin level is at 10.3 (I need to take my Fluordix more regularly) and my midwife told me today that they won't do a home birth if my level is below 10. She explained and I understand that there are very valid reasons behind this requirement... I'm wondering if other homebirth midwives have similar requirements. I've always been boarderline anemic and the issue never came up in my first pregnancy (with midwives in a hospital). My current midwife explained...
I keep checking to see if anyone else had advice to offer you. I'd be interested to hear how you are working with your client and helping her deal with causterphobia.
Sorry I can't read all these posts... being pregnant and needing to hear of only positive births... what I did read was truely heartwrenching ... positive, healing energy to you... However, I wanted to share my reasons for chosing homebirth this time... Despite (or maybe because) of the fact that I had a very positive, empowering birth experience at the hospital (midwife attending) I have decided to plan a homebirth this time around. In addition... I don't want...
Happy to be entering the 3rd Trimester! The first part of this pregnancy went SO FAST... but now that I've been looking 8 months pregnant for about 2 months already, it's starting to really drag. I can't believe how big I am and still have three months to go!!! Tons of BH here too... usually about 5 a day. I haven't been sleeping much due to DS health, so that's probably contributing. Plus my right leg goes numb when I walk. I'm so much looking forward to the...
I don't think this is specific to boys, but I think that it's probably a good idea for parents to cover up when (or if) their children start to show signs of modesty. ie... when they don't want you to see them naked, maybe you should also start covering up a bit more. When I just come out of the shower, my nursing 2 year old loves to give my breasts a giggle and thinks it's funny... probably more from how they look rather than some idea that he shouldn't be seeing them....