or Connect

Posts by elizawill

i get that. i just would never recommend anyone sharing that they want to homeshool when their baby is only 11 months old (or 1, or 2, or even 3 for that matter). the OP will either change her mind about homeschooling or grow more secure in her decision over time. either way, to make it a point of conversation now seems more futile than beneficial. 
it sounds like your 6 year old will get caught up quickly. i wouldn't worry about her; she'll be fine  as for your 8 year old, i would focus on getting her caught up to speed this year.  assuming she has no developmental issues, she could be caught up with reading and writing fairly quickly. i would make reading and writing a priority, or next year will be problematic for her.  we have always homeschooled & my scope and sequence for writing is different than that of the...
  Hmm, I disagree about family and friends. They really don't get any input imho.  It is a parenting decision only. Well meaning family and friends can just add to the confusion of it all.   If I had asked my family and friends what their thoughts were about the idea of me homeschooling, well...frankly, I wouldn't be homeschooling, lol.  In fact, I didn't inform anyone that we were homeschooling until it was necessary (before K) & when I stated it, it was in a very...
Your own post lacks proper grammar. Normally that wouldn't stand out, but considering you are here to talk about how uneducated and unsocialized my children are, I'd assume your efforts in communicating that would look better than a couple of poorly put together sentences.  Just sayin'.
i would say an hour or so a day is very realistic. i consider myself a more structured homeschooler & our days in K were very fun and rather short. as for what our days looked like, they involved a lot of hands-on learning.  even for math, phonics, writing, etc. we would often learn through games.  my daughter is 11 now, but this was her K schedule. my son is 8, but his k schedule was similar, gentle and fun.   hope it helps.     MONDAY Math Phonics...
i've been using aspects of this free curriculum & we are enjoying it. i have a pdf of resources that are free (made by another mom from TWTM forums),  but it won't let me attach it here. if you PM me, i will send it to you.   amy
aww, hugs to you! we all have those days. believe me!   it sounds like he enjoys everything but two subjects, right? at age 6, that's really easy to remedy in my opinion. with math, you can easily take the concepts being covered in his curriculum and teach those same concepts in a different way. there are board games, computer games, books, hands-on activities, etc. that will cover first grade math beautifully. also, let him continue using math manipulatives. he's...
well, you certainly can go to a homeschool convention and see TONS of curriculum! however, i would not recommend it. i've been to one convention only & it was as a new homeschooler (when my little girl was 4). i found the entire experience completely overwhelming & i've never been back. my daughter is 11 now, lol.   what helped me most was forums. i asked questions a lot, but mainly, i read even more. i i would read threads about any and all curriculum, weighing the...
dp
i'm using teaching textbooks with both of my kids this year (after years of using only CLE). my 8 year old son is using the 3rd grade level and it definitely starts at the beginning reviewing the basics. it was pricey imo, so i would recommend buying it used if you can find it. they have sample lesson on their website. my kids did the sample lessons before i bought it.  anyway. it has been a godsend this year for us.  to fill in any state standard gaps (as TT is written...