or Connect

Posts by sugarmoon

Devaya, I don't have any advice other that that I think when a connection is there, despite your disinterest in seeking a relationship, it's worth acknowledging, and then giving it a little space to grow.  And thank you for your kind words about ATG.  Honestly, I re-read my posts the other day, and I thought, jeez, if I were reading someone else posting that, I'd be disgusted at how she was letting herself get walked all over.  But I don't feel walked all over, I feel...
Can I join you?    Who am I?  I'm a 33 year old mama of 4. I've been working on weight loss on and off since the youngest was born just over 3 years ago.  At the time of his birth, I was at 220.  I'm now down to 175, but I had gotten as low as 164 this summer, and just this morning (after a few weeks of avoiding it, since I knew I wasn't going to like it) got back on the scale.  I'm also a single mama now, working half time and taking classes towards nursing school. ...
  So.....sleeping with ATG again.   I know! I know!   I've been avoiding this thread, but here's the story.....   I got that email from him on Halloween "we need to stop sleeping together, I really value our friendship..." or whatever it said.  We barely spoke all week (although for us, barely speaking meant that we had one or two emails, text exchanges. or gmail chats each day, as opposed to 3 or 4...).  Finally, Friday morning he sent me an email about...
Oh, jeez, Butterfly, no apology needed, and you know what? You were dead-right. After a reallly nice weekend, I got home after trick or treating with my kids to another freaking "we need to stop sleeping together, but can't we still be friends" email. I'm sad, but mostly, I'm TIRED of it. I need to get on with my life. And I"m ANGRY that he messed up our friendship. Mooooooooooooooving along. I forget the question, but it's November, thankful month, and I'll say...
Quote: Originally Posted by Butterflymom I've got all weekend to come up with one! My vote is for "Something NEW in New-vember". I'm at ATG's house right now...he was at mine last night, and most of the week, hanging out, babysitting for me (he offered, totally unsolicited, when school was canceled on a day that I had a meeting for work and he was free...). It's still confusing, but I'm....I'm in. So I'm working on enjoying the ride. I...
Just an extra fyi, possible kink, a friend of mine is in a similar situation, w/ a totally uninvolved bio-dad, and a very involved, live in bf who wants to adopt her son. Bio-dad has agreed, but the court is saying that if she isn't married to her bf, he can't adopt her son. Messed up, and they're fighting it, but, just something to consider...
Quote: Originally Posted by Butterflymom Right back at ya, Butterfly!
Butterfly. I know. I am actually kind of angry with him this morning, for opening that door again. It had been closed, we had been spending a lot of time together, but clearly as friends, with the door to "more" closed. And now it's been opened, kind of, and I don't really know what to do about that. I do know that I really enjoy having him around, and that I trust him. I do. That doesn't mean I don't think he will behave in human ways, or even downright stupid...
((((LoveOhm))))) I'm sorry. And I understand. I have been seriously working on the "Keep busy, widen your circle, have a social life, on your own" strategy this summer, and while for the most part it has been good, there is also a new kind of loneliness that comes with being in the midst of many people. ATG is.....around. I'm no more clear about that than I was on Saturday morning, though he came over Saturday night, and there was some serious whiskey drinking...
Thanks for the hug, Butterfly. Catch me on chat sometime after this weekend. I'll either be really happy, really sad, or totally confused. Or more than likely, a mix of all three. Yeah... momanderson, I'm rooting for you. Not for medic, you understand, but for YOU. And maybe that includes him, I don't know. And Butterfly, YES! Hooray, on CAC getting the hints, and opening his mouth, and letting the compliments flow. That one may just be the keeper. Lord knows you...