or Connect

Posts by sugarmoon

It's a trick. Dating is all an evil trick. That's where I'm at. :/
Quote: Originally Posted by Devaya he asked me to suggest something I could do to 'help him with his issues' (his mother stuff and hang ups about his attractiveness) and I just thought, geez, this is reminding me of my first boyfriend who I stayed with for ages b/c I felt he needed me and he was also so suffocating and full of 'issues'. I dont need to walk down tht road again. Nope, you don't. (((hugs))) Doesn't make it easier...
Loveohm, it was another woman -- something he described as on again-off again, kind of dysfunctional. According to him it had been off and going nowhere for a few months when he put up his online profile and met me, but then she called him and wanted to spend the weekend together. I really don't care. We had only been on 2 dates at that point (now only 3), so exclusivity is NOT required. Calling him out on this also opened the door to a good, clear conversation...
Money. It *is* such a hard subject. I am seeing the Shy Commuter again, he did come forward with a decent explanation, and his last name, and after a quick google search showed me a pic that matches the last name, and nothing else of interest, I decided to go ahead and see him again. We also have the *huge* money disparity, and I felt awkward after one of our dates, when I realized that in the normal course of conversation I had mentioned something I wanted to do,...
I think this is a great thread. It is definitely true that some married friends really react to the news of a divorce and pull away, for a whole mess of reasons. I had to learn to let it go, to know that it wasn't about me, but was about something *divorce* itself triggered for them. I don't know if I have any easy advice about making friends. I've been lucky, I guess, that I've continued to make friends through people I meet at my kids' school, or around town. My...
Oooh, I love this thread idea! Breaking Up, by Rilo Kiley Super cheerful one. Also, Gonna Get Along Without You, by She and Him
Well, I'm starting September with a thud. I had been on 2 dates with that guy, what did I call him? The shy commuter, I think? And was happy that things weren't sucking, thinking there was potential, but...I think he is married. Or something. So I've called it off, natch. I realized after our 2nd date that I still didn't have his last name (we met online) and when I emailed him to ask him about that, thinking it was really no big deal at this point -- I'd already been...
Subbing... Took A&P I this summer, taking II this fall, and applying to both a MENP and an assoc. RN program for next fall. I really want to do the MENP prog, which leads straight into a DNP grad degree, but there are lots of logisitical barriers to that for me.
Wow. This thread has picked up Ferra, I say hold out for the one you have a heart for to come back from Africa. I am *very* interested to see how this will play out Butterfly, HOOORAY, for you finding your SS. I think Ione has it right. And I'm not sure how often the silver tongue and the ice scraper go together -- to many men with the silver tongue have developed the sweet words as a way to avoid going the extra step with the ice scraper. Muse, thank you...
I'm here, but I've got nothin' doin'.......went on a really horrid date on Saturday night with a guy from match.com and have had lots of other icky men contact me there, but no one I'd like to meet up with. But, I have profiles up there, and on the local dating site. Why, I'm not totally sure, but who knows, maybe something will come of it. In the meantime, I'm keeping busy busy busy with kids, work, school, and making new friends and connections in my community, which...