or Connect

Posts by sugarmoon

I did SB for a little while and found it was really easy to eat and lose weight. Also, I did a lot of meals that were meat and veggies over pasta or rice -- it worked great for feeding the kids -- they mostly want the pasta or rice anyway, and I'd eat my meat/veg w/out the pasta or rice. Or think mexican wrap type meals, but just don't wrap yours or add rice to yours.
Hugs, Rosehip. No answers from me though...I'm 3/4 through A&P 1, as my first step towards my RN..I've got a long way to go before I'm in a position to worry about positions. Your preceptor sounds awful, can you grit your teeth for 6 weeks? Work on making friends w/ some other co-workers for a little unofficial help getting adjusted to the place?
The car and the daycare are obviously the bigggest two. It sounds like the car is a non-negotiable for you, so look at the daycare. Advertise EVERYWHERE that SAHMs hang out, see if you can find someone who will do it for cheaper. Nanny-share with someone? Church sponsored?
I'm around. I actually have several irons in the fire, but no-one with the kind of sparks and connection I had with ATG (who has, actually and really, turned into a good friend). I'm really busy in my own life and don't really have time for sparks right now anyhow -- I've got politics covered by some people, and companionship by others, and that will do, for now....
I have never, ever, ever, ever been a runner in my life. I started couch to 5k this spring and finished it recently. Yesterday I went out and ran 6 miles, and loved every second of it! Totally reccomend it! Good luck!
Ugh. I'm really dragging this month. I need to get back on the wagon. I don't think I've really gained (although maybe I have 1-2lbs) but I definitely haven't really lost. I've got to work on my strategy. The two things I've stuck with (running, and giving up sugar) I'm still doing, and wicked proud of, but I need to figure out what my next step is....
Urgh. I'm slipping. I need to get my (not-so) little butt in gear, and be here, and on fitday for accountability. Summer social events w/drinking are a big one for me, I'm realizing. I like drinking, and I don't want to give it up, but I also need to not give myself a free pass, calorie wise. I'm still weighing in at 168, plus or minus (I weigh everyday, so I don't get too excited about the 1-2 variations). I'm still running, hoping to add a yoga class once a...
Yes. Totally. Yes. ((((((hugs))))))
((((Avani))))) I was so happy to read your first post, and say "Halle-freaking-lujah! You and your kids deserve a break!" But no, that UAV just won't quit, will he? Hang in there, I think you and your lawyer are on the right track, and hopefully all his shenanigins will finally blow up in his face.
Hey y'all. I was at 166.5 this morning, so 3 lbs to go to make my June goal. I don't know if I'll make it, but I'm kicking butt with my running, and am sooooooooooooo proud of myself for that. I did 4.2 hilly miles today!! I'm officially in my last week of c25k, which is a 30 min run, but I just set my goal for distance and kept going through when the app said I was done My eating could be better, and should be better, but I've stuck to my no sugar, which is my BIG...