or Connect

Posts by sugarmoon

Subbing! I tried my first home-made, large diameter hoop last week and I am now obsessed...can't stop thinking about how fun it was. I finally got the paycheck I was waiting on, so I can go to the hardware store for tubing and so on so I can get hooping!
Hi y'all. I'm doing pretty well, I think. I was at 168, after breakfast (usually I weigh first thing, before eating) this morning; the lowest weight I've gotten this month is 166. I'm running, up to 28 minutes at a time now, which amazes me, and makes me feel so great, and so powerful! Today was the first time I've tried running while pushing a jogger stroller w/ my 2 year old and WOW it was hard. I couldn't even come close to doing my 28 minutes, but I alternated...
Awesome! I just started running recently myself, and I'm already totally hooked!
I'm in again! I only lost 4 lbs last month, but I'm being optimistic and setting my goal for this month as ending the month at 163, which would be a 6.5 lb loss from my start weight this morning of 169.5. I am about to start AF, which means I don't expect to see much loss in the first week of the challenge. My strategy so far is to work on figuring out what my trigger foods are, and then just totally eliminate them. All sugar/sugar substitutes/baked goods have...
Quote: Originally Posted by sugarmoon 5/26: 20 min jogging, 15 min walking (w6d2 c25k) 5/30: 27 min jogging, 45 min walking (w6d2 c25k plus some extra walking) 107 min 747/1000 Well, I'm probably not going to make my 1000 (unless I go hiking tomorrow, which I might), but I've stuck with my couch to 5K program, so I'm pretty happy with that. 5/31: w7d1 c25k, 25 min jogging, 10 min walking plus 40 min extra walking. 75...
Quote: Originally Posted by sugarmoon c25k w6d1 18 min jogging, 20 min walking 640/1000 5/26: 20 min jogging, 15 min walking (w6d2 c25k) 5/30: 27 min jogging, 45 min walking (w6d2 c25k plus some extra walking) 107 min 747/1000 Well, I'm probably not going to make my 1000 (unless I go hiking tomorrow, which I might), but I've stuck with my couch to 5K program, so I'm pretty happy with that.
Wooo-hoooo! Just got done with W6D3. I hadn't run since Wednesday, due to childcare issues, so I was determined to get out tonight, as soon as I got back from dropping the kids off with their dad. The first 5-8 min. were rough, but once I got going, and started thinking about things other than the fact that I was running , I did fine. Course it helped that the route I took gave me a long steep downhill for my last 5 minutes . The route I took is actually a 5 mile...
Hi all, I've been absent from this thread for a bit, mostly because I've been discouraged with my progress (and my own ability to stick to my plan). My weight had gone up and down around the 170 mark (well, mostly up!), but this morning I got a 169.5, so I'll take it! I doubt I'll get a 168.5 tommorrow, which was my goal for the 5 lbs, but 4 will have to do! I am still working out the kinks on finding an eating plan that works for me -- one thing I find works well for...
Quote: Originally Posted by sugarmoon 5/23 -- repeated c25k w5d3, cause I wanted to try it outside...10 min walk, 20 min jog 592/1000 c25k w6d1 18 min jogging, 20 min walking 640/1000
Quote: Originally Posted by jgracefrank I just kinda... ran 5k on Friday. I walked just a little bit, and finishe din 31:49. I'm about to go out for another run now. Wish me luck! Woooo-hoooo! Way to go. I did w6d1 yesterday and boy, it kicked my patootie, which I was not expecting, since I had done w5d3 twice as my most recent runs, I thought w6d1 would seem easy. Didn't help that it was HOT, mid-afternoon, outside, with...