or Connect

Posts by DomerJen

My son is turning 5 next month, and I realized that I really need to get him exposed ASAP before the kindergarten shots are required.  Any resources, or other places I could post looking?
  Thanks for the insight.  Good luck w/ your test!
Hi Ladies,  I haven't been on the board much, but I know this is the place to turn for my question.    I had my appt w/ my home birth midwife on Monday and she measured me at 38w (over 3 weeks ahead).  She said the baby is normal sized, I just have a lot of fluid.  I'm not concerned, as amniotic fluid levels vary throughout pregnancy, and decrease as the baby gets larger.  Also, women tend to measure bigger w/ their 2nd babies. Finally, I fully trust her professional...
Thanks, I recognize a few of those documents!  Hopefully we can just bring down more than they need and it won't be a difficult process. :)
I posted a couple of years ago about getting a birth certificate and got great advice for Cobb Co.  Now we're in Fulton, and I called them to request a HB packet.  Their line is always busy so I tried their email.  They replied and said there was NO packet.  I should just write a request after the baby is born and send in a copy of my driver's license and $25 money order. This can NOT be correct.  I had a packet full of stuff an inch thick in Cobb!    Does anyone...
My midwife is a CPM licensed in Michigan.  It's not legal for them to attend here, but it's legal for me to have a home birth.  The legality isn't really my concern - I've been through that before.  I have backup care through my insurance which I attend for regular prenatal visits, so I'd have a doctor to go to if I wanted/needed to hit the hospital.
I had a homebirth w/ DS. It was long and difficult (for me) but ended well.  I'm pregnant w/ #2 and have the same birth team set up, but I feel just... scared about this birth.  Not about the pain, etc... but that something will go wrong.  I don't know why.  I did read a birth story where the woman had a placental abruption that wasn't discovered until her water broke well into her labor.  She was at a hospital, and she and her baby lived.  I don't know if that is where...
what about using an infant seat w/o the base?  when installed properly it's completely safe.  i think all but a few brands allow you to do this install.
I had 2 7lb growth spurts w/ my 1st pregnancy - those really threw me for a loop.  I gained almost 50lbs total w/ DS, but lost 19lbs in the first 24 hours, so I was retaining a major amt of fluid.  The rest came off over the next year - I didn't diet or exercise for it to happen - just nursing.  My trouble began when DS weaned - it happened so slowly that I didn't realize how much overeating I was doing.  So I gained about 10lbs. :(  I fully expect to gain another 40-50...
what about showing him ultrasound pics online, or watching "in the womb".  birth videos (animals might be a nice way to start - as they are very calm) might help, too.   my 2 y/o knows that the baby is in the belly, and he sees U/S photos and says "baby" but I dont' think he gets it yet.  I hesitate to start showing him birth videos yet, only b/c 5 mo is an eternity to someone so young, and I don't want him thinking that birth is imminent.  I'm thinking of showing...