or Connect

Posts by SeaBean

Maybe you will be lucky. I was surprised to find out our HB MW had a billing service and could get some portion from my insurance (as long as you don't have HMO). Also, ours will let you pay on installments. My friend took a whole year to pay off her birth! :-)
Sorry you have to have this PITA! ;-) I have no advice but just wanted to chime in b/c I've been thinking about the whole ridiculous GD test too. It's like, "here drink this awful thing and we'll see what happens to you. And if we don't like the results, here's our instructions: Don't ever do anything like THAT again! Eat healthfully instead."   I was at HB midwife at this point in my pg last time so I avoided the whole issue. This time, I'm trying to get in w/...
I just came back from overnight camping and I'm only 23 weeks. Everything was great until it came to time to sleep. When not pregnant, I have a couple beers or wine around the campfire which helps me drift right off to sleep. This time I was kept awake by the chattering of nearby campers until probably 1am. I even had headphones on listening to podcasts, but didn't help.  Plus my hips were hurting, even though the bedroll/pad thing was quite thick and I brought 3 pillows...
I'm so excited for you -- you will love being at home!   I am excited today too b/c I finally talked to my midwife and have my first appt with her set up! This will (I hope) be my 2nd homebirth.    For my first, there were no Bradley classes near me, so I ended up ordering "The Pink Kit" which had books, DVD, and CD about birth prep. Demonstrated positions to get into if baby is stalling, etc.  On the audio, they take you through a visualization of birth which...
I'm finally feeling like eating too -- and eating everything. I figured out that all the weight I lost last trimester came off my butt. It is flat as board (also being resigned to couch for weeks might have had something to do with it.).     Now if only there was enough ROOM in my stomach for all the food I want to eat.  Anyone else getting sore around the ribs? At the top, right where the bra band would go, I am tender. I've stopped wearing a bra b/c it was driving me...
Sorry it's taken forever to finally get on the roll!   * Name: SeaBean * EDD: 9/7/11 * Age: 35 * Location: Eastern shore, MD * How long it took to you to get your BFP: not long * What number child is this for you: 2nd * Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Married for 10 years with a nearly 3 year-old daughter * Birth plans/preferences: Had a great homebirth last time and think...
Just wanted to chime in b/c I came here to get some ideas from what everyone else is eating!   My digestive system has been jacked up since week 5 (now at 12 weeks) so I'm looking forward to just enjoying a meal again.   Nothing sounds good, but I can eat most things if someone else cooks them and puts them in front of me. Having awful reflux which is aggravated by milk and yogurt (can eat some cheese in things), anything with tomatoes, and other acidy things like...
Glad to hear mine's not the only one who loves to say NO all of the sudden. It's her first answer to EVERYTHING, even when she really means yes. Right now, when she says no, I will repeat back to her, elaborating on what she just said. Like, "Do you want some tomatoes?" "NO!" "You don't want to eat tomatoes for snack?" "Yes, I do!" "Ok, let's sit down and eat." At least now that I know her MO, it's not driving me as crazy...
Thanks for posting this! I could have written the same thing (and every night while I lay there waiting the 30-40 minutes for LO to fall asleep, I compose my MDC post in my head LOL). And that's after at least 15 minutes of stories and playing around, etc. We did Jay Gordon nightweaning too and, same as you, it let me know that with some coaching, she can adjust. How long does he nap during the day? I really don't want to give up the naptime (1.5-2 hrs), but one...
Ack! I feel you. We were doing great on big potties until we ran into those ones that flush themselves. LOUDLY. And I guess they don't detect little people well b/c they tend to flush while LO is sitting and scare the bejeezus out of her. So she does ok at home but in public restrooms, she'll say she has to go but then freaks out and jumps down. Then I worry she's going to pee her pants in the middle of the library.... Well, they'll get past this setback...