or Connect

Posts by SeaBean

THanks for the reply. Mine is a hand-me-down so didn't come with that bassinet insert thing. And I didn't know there was a sheet for the bottom?! LOL Your post did make me think maybe I can just fold up some blankets to make a sleep mat for naps while we're on vacation.. and then try to childproof the bedroom. That way I still have the option to lay down with her at first. Of course I say all this and I *should* know by now that just when I think I have LO's...
I just have some practical questions about how exactly people get babies to sleep in the Pack & Play? We've coslept since day one but in the last few weeks, I've transitioned LO to a mattress on the floor for naps (since she's now crawling). I nurse her down to sleep for naps -- though she will go to sleep with patting & shushing for Daddy. I'm thinking ahead to our vacation in July. She'll be a year then and we'll need a safe place for her to nap at the beach...
If your LO is around 9 months and sleeps a 5 or 6 (or more!) hour stretch at night, please tell me what your wake up, nap and bedtimes are. Lately, LO has been getting better, but she still wakes up a lot at night. It's something like this: Wake for the day 7:30am 1st nap 9:30a - 10:30a (sometimes until 11:30) 2nd nap comes about 2.5 hours after waking from first nap Wakeup from 2nd nap around 3 or 4pm Then bedtime prep begins at 7:30, usually asleep by...
What a great idea.. for some reason that had not occurred to me (sleep deprived much?). Can you share the sign you use?
I had to laugh when I saw this post! We are planning a week at the beach w/ another couple this summer. They have a 2 year old and a 9 month old. We have an 8 month old. Anyway, I pointed out that we don't really need to find a very big beach house for just two couples b/c we won't need as big a shared living space. And anyway, we'll mostly be at the beach, at activities, etc. And she said, "Yes but we have to have room for all the kids' toys." Not sure what...
Whimseyhenge had some great advice for you, IMHO. We just went through 2 months of similar, very frequent night waking. I wanted to add that I just discovered that when LO wakes up, if I potty her, she will let go of a BIG pee and then she'll sleep quite soundly for the next 3,4, 5 hours. I tried this after reading a comment by another mama her. Before I tried this, I think she was waking up, peeing just a little then falling back to sleep and waking up every 1.5...
I see a lot of posters saying their LO's multiple night wakings are no big deal b/c they sleep through them. Whaa? How is this done? You'd think I'd be able to at my level of exhaustion, but i never do. For the past 2 months, LO has been up to nurse about every 1.5 hours. It is making me a crazy person and really unpleasant to live with. I didn't mind when she slept 8-12, then up again at 4:30, then at 8. (I get up at 5 to go to WAH anyway) So, if it is even...
You have already gotten some great advice, but I wanted to chime in b/c I have a Lilly too and we had the same issue. Gently pushing the chin down and using the boob sandwich helped us too. Also -- this will sound silly -- but for at least a month or more, I would show her how she needed to "open wide" before eating. I would say "ahhhh, open!" while opening my mouth. I personally think it worked.. babies are good little mimics. Best of luck to you!
Funny you mention this! I have been thinking the same thing. My LO is 6.5 months and we have been doing EC here and there since she was born. A couple months ago we got the BBLP and in the past month she's getting pretty good at it. Mine has been waking very often in the night too. She'll wake up to nurse, eat then go back to sleep. Then within an hour, she's up again. Now I know she can't be hungry.. I am thinking that she is waking up to pee! I am in your boat...
I am hoping it is just a phase for you. Mine did the exact thing but around 5 months. If she napped at all it was exactly, I mean exactly, 30 minutes. I had to put her in the stroller to get her to sleep each time. Or take a ride in the car, then sit it the driveway w/ my laptop, trying to get some work done! She was like yours, definitely tired, red eyes, rubbing them, but so fussy as soon as she was in a prone position. Now, with no real explanation, she is...