or Connect

Posts by Liberty5_3000

I've never paid attention to what Rescue Remedy was for... now that I looked it up, I think I'll to try some on our whole family right now :)  I'm going to get some tomorrow.   I heard some things I didn't like about the holistic doctor nearby, so I'm not really interested in taking him to see her.
Thanks, I couldn't think of what to look up, all my searches were getting me things about pneumonia and such and I knew that was wrong.  And the anxiety thing does make sense with him, unfortunately.  I hope this isn't going to go on long term now.
My son was more likely to get a febrile seizure from a low temperature fever than a high one.  Going up to 99 was all it needed.  Then other times he had higher fevers but no seizures.  I brought him to the ER with the first one, but they pretty much sent us home with Tylenol and antibiotics (without even knowing what was wrong) and made the whole thing seem unimportant, so I never brought him in again.  I don't think he's had a fever in a couple years, I hope he grew...
I can't think of a good way to describe what he is doing, but it is driving me crazy!  Lately he has been getting episodes of frustration and telling me about how his "yawns" are hurting him.  I have no idea what he is talking about, but it really bothers him - it happens maybe once or twice a day for a week or two now.  Last night when I was reading to him before bed he kept taking these really deep breathes and lets it out really loud, I asked him why he was doing that...
I just borrowed the New Rules books (the one for women and the abs one) from our library and I enjoyed flipping through them.   They seem pretty good at describing things and there are plenty of pictures for me.  I found a few new things I've enjoyed adding to my routine, but I don't follow their program exactly or anything.     I haven't seen the midlife one to compare it, but I liked the one for women better than the abs one (even though the abs one is supposedly...
My first son didn't show any interest in anything in particular at that age and didn't like arts and crafts, so I am actually excited that my second son is so in love with all things with wheels because at least he has SOMETHING he likes.  We have been finding things now that my older son likes (even arts/crafts things - he still won't color, but he likes to draw or water paint), but they just were not at all obvious at 3.
I think it might be the age... everyone is transitioning somewhere between playdates where mom's get together with mom's they want to be with and the little ones hopefully play to playdates where the kids get together without their moms necessarily being friends and people have to work that out a bit.  Its weird.  My son has friends.  I like his friends.  Their moms are OK, but not people I'm going to really hang out with.  Its weird sometimes inviting his friends over...
My son really enjoyed Matilda, so we tried Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but he didn't care for that.  Now we are reading the Phantom Toolbooth and he loves it.
We're homeschooling our 4.5 year old.  Its kind of weird saying that because less than a year ago it was more just that we hadn't sent him to school yet.  Now we actively do "school".  I don't really worry about what specifically we do as "schoolwork" any given day, I just want to start the habit of setting aside a bit of time as "school".  We do workbooks, have music/dance time, play games, read books, draw pictures, preschool stuff.  He loves maps and globes and...
I forgot until too late last year too, I want to see if anyone else adds any ideas.