or Connect

Posts by prothyraia

It's always easy to go back and second-guess things.  My son was born very quickly and didn't breathe on his own right away.  He *wasn't* suctioned heavily, and probably would have benefited from it. Sometimes it's better to err on the side of doing more.    I also appreciated having the resuscitation done with the cord still attached and being able to be somewhat involved in the process, and I'm very very grateful that he didn't need any more assistance than we were...
If you haven't spoken with a social worker at the hospital yet, definitely try to.  They *can* often help with things like gas and lodging. 
Quote: That's just not true.  There are women who exclusively pump (usually because the baby won't latch, not because of preference) and don't need to supplement.  Heck, there are women who exclusively pump and have enough left over to donate.     I'm also not sure what you mean by "unacceptable"?   Edited to add:  Whoops. Late here.  Carry on.
I think a lot of that depends on the individual child.  It doesn't mean that you're doing anything wrong. 
I haven't played much since Cata.  School, baby, occasional sleep... hardly any time!
Definitely file a complaint.  If CPM's aren't legally allowed to practice where you are, then getting one to take over your care doesn't count.  It's still patient abandonment.    I hope you find a situation that you're happy with!  It sounds like you're much better off not continuing care with her anyway. :)        
    I know this has been addressed already, but I'll chime in with more reassurance.   The above comment is wrong, wrong, wrong.   My kids are in the 95th-99th percentile for height and weight when they're born.  But I'm 5'0.  They darn well don't stay at the top of the growth curve after the first six months.     Our pediatrician is not concerned and there is no worry about FTT, much less CPS.    
Seems really weird to me, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it rude just based on what you've said here.
School and breastfeeding can be challenging when the baby is very very young.  If at all possible, I would try to get more time away after you have the baby- one week just isn't enough time to recover physically and for both of you to get good at breastfeeding, especially since you've never done it before.  Most lactation consultants don't recommend introducing a bottle before 3 or 4 weeks.   The principal seems supportive- is there a way you could work from home to...
I know this is two days old now, but I just wanted to say that you shouldn't hesitate to call or take him in if you're worried.  I hope he's feeling better by now.   We usually stay home with high fevers in toddlers and older kids, but four months is very very young.