or Connect

Posts by prothyraia

Maybe, but issues other than developmental delays are screened for and caught at WBVs (like the cardiac problem upthread). You're just not going to catch on to a heart murmur at home no matter how closely you pay attention to your kids; there are other issues like that which are 'invisible' to parents and onlookers but that a good doctor will pick up on.
I had to slowly step down to be even vaguely presentable and not feel like I should wring my hair out over the salad bowl or something. It looked something like this: first, use less and less shampoo. Then skip a day every once in a while and use a ton of BS instead. Then alternate BS/shampoo days. Then dilute the shampoo with water. And so on, until I didn't need shampoo at all and only did BS about twice a week. This took months, but in the meanwhile I didn't...
It's fine to be upset about having plans canceled and having to deal with the fallout from that; basing whether or not you're upset on how you personally feel about the discipline choices of the other parent seems a little....eh. You blame them for imposing a consequence that you don't feel was related?This whole thread seems to me to be about taking something personally that's not really about you at all. Admittedly this hasn't happened to my kids yet, but it seems like...
:A good doctor will notice things that a parent won't, because they've been trained to look for subtle signs of conditions that wouldn't necessarily raise any warning flags for mom and dad.Our ped has separate waiting areas for sick and well children, so that cuts down on the germ problems.
It sounds like she was checking for abruption here; a rigid abdomen between contractions is one big red flag. So it seems like she was on top of the situation when you were having pain.I have the worst time peeing after the baby is born. I swear, it's harder than pushing out the babe!
Googling "homebirth injury" will bring up some examples if that's what you're looking for. Although obviously this will be instances where the complications did not end well; I'm not sure if you want 'worse case scenarios', or instances where complications were dealt with at home without any problems.
Whoah, why the hostility?    Anyway, what you're looking for is neonatal resuscitation, not CPR.  They're just two different things . 

She won't be able to latch at this point and she hasn't been nursing right along, so functionally it's not going to work.  I would be uncomfortable with it, personally, and if you are uncomfy with it I think you should honor that and not try to force yourself into that situation.   You might consider letting her pretend to nurse if she's really interested in it.  
What's the worst that can happen if you call?  And what's the worst that can happen if you don't call?  It's not being an idiot to talk a doctor when you're worried about something, even if it ends up being nothing to worry about.  It's their job to be able to tell the difference, not yours!