or Connect

Posts by prothyraia

Before baby #3, we threw the older two (four years old and almost-three) a big brother party, and made a really big deal about it. 
Just a potential heads-up-  when my oldest nursed immediately after his little brother was born (older son was 20 months old), he said my milk was "yuck!".  And I was all because dry-nursing was horrible and I thought it was all going to be for naught if he weaned just then.    Worked out alright in the end, though, because I didn't WANT to nurse him with the horrible afterpains that came with #2, and he was happy to pick up again once my milk was in, and he...
Quote:   Glad Montreal came out okay!   On the other hand, if you hop on I-89 and head south for a few hours... http://www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral/article/raging-waters-in-vermont-hurricane-irene_2011-08-28    
Quote:   WHY is it a problem for one of you? WHY does the other person refuse to give it up?  Is there any way to address the problem that the one parent has with co-sleeping without kicking the kid out of bed altogether? Is there any way for the other partner to get what s/he values about co-sleeping in a different way?  If you've already had that conversation without a resolution, then pretty much all that's left is "Can I live with the way things are or does someone...
I just finished nursing school and I have a 2 1/2 month old sleeping beside me right now.    Here's how it worked for us-  I was in an intensive graduate program that lasts slightly longer than a year for students with BA/BS in other disciplines, and got pregnant one month in (doh!...seemed like a good idea at the time!).  Baby was born in June after a pretty easy pregnancy; the program finished up in August (like...last week, hurrah!).  I wasn't able to take any...
  Er.....you talk about it together like grown adults?     
I totally understand this- but the OP evidently said directly to the child "DS is playing with it right now, he will be done soon and then you can have a turn".  Which means the issue isn't what the kid did or didn't think the younger child was doing, but the fact that he completely ignored her (hence the title of the thread).   
If your only concern is having the 'same' last name as the baby, you could go with "YourLastName- Partner'sLastName" as the baby's last name, and neither of you would have to legally change your names.
Get this book:  http://www.amazon.com/Relieving-Pelvic-During-After-Pregnancy/dp/0897934806/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1311038250&sr=1-1   I've probably recommended it a dozen times here now; someone on Mothering recommended it to me during my second pregnancy and it made the difference between crippling pain/inability to function and being able to walk and move about almost normally.  I can't say enough good things about it.  :)
Am I the only lucky one whose letdown feels like getting stabbed directly in the nipples?  At least it does when there's no baby or pump attached.   I definitely tend to overactive letdown, though....when it's too much for the babe and he pops off, milk arcs several feet across the room.