or Connect

Posts by chapulina

oh my word! this is dd exactly (4 1/2); I sort of chalked it up to having a new sibling (who is 13 months now) and some other stressors we've had, like moving and the death of my mom 1 year ago (they were very close). it is exhausting and I find myself sort of going nuts. I don't know what to do or how to respond. anybody have ideas??
Hi! just wondering if there is anyone else out there who's dc is still needing a pull-up at nighttime, and is there anything helpful to do to help kids stay dry at night? DD does fine during the day, but can't seem to stay dry at night. she does pee right before bedtime and doesn't drink a drop before going to sleep; however, she almost always will wake up wet. I feel bad for her - she's feeling frustrated with herself and is saying, "at four years old, am I...
I've been a nurse for 16 years, was drawn into nursing for the ideal of caring for people, interested in diseases, medicines, etc. I love the career of nursing and all it can offer. I would not encourage anyone to get anything less than an ADN to enter nursing, and with an ADN, make it a goal to obtain your baccalaureate within a reasonable amount of time. My hospital (and others) do pay more for the BSN, and it will eventually (?) become the standard for entry level...
so nice to read everyone's posts! ...has anyone else heard of grapefruit and kiwi doing something to aid in weight loss? (maybe increasing metabolism..i don't know). maybe its just coincidental, but i craved grapefruit and ate it like crazy and my total weight gain for this pregnancy was 20# less. still waiting to weigh myself this am..i do the daily weigh-in...funny how a pound or 2 less can totally make your day! i fluctuate btw 192-195, but since giving birth,...
Hi Medusa! I appreciate you starting a thread for those needing to lose a bit more than the "average" mamma! I hope I can stay faithful and in touch with this thread, but I don't always have time to get on MDC and post as often as I wish... busy, busy 3.5 y.o and a 3.5 month old... so I will try. anyway, I need to lose 55lbs, to get to 140 (I'm about 195, varies btween 192-195). I'm 5'4, so I've got way more than I need on this frame! The discouraging part is that...
as someone who is going thru this right now--- it is rough! still more frustrating is the lack of support (xcept for here!), ...and the overwhelming ignorance 'out there'. i think it is up to us mammas to spread the word and share our knowledge with other mothers -- we ARE the experts, after all; not multi-national corps., ignorant medical professionals, etc
Hi everyone, just want to say that all of you wise and devoted mammas are truly amazing! been reading your thread lately, thinking that maybe this is my thread too, and when I read someone's posting about signs of low supply, I now realize that we fit that picture totally. dd is 12 weeks old, weighs 10# 15oz. yesterday. born at 9# 2 oz. she went as low as 8# after birth. anyway, the sopping wet diapers she had in the beginning aren't as wet anymore, she...
sorry for this rough time. not sure if this is along the 3 year old need for power and control, or if there is something else going on, such as allergies/food sensitivities...is he a HN kind of temperment? recently dd (3.5) started exhibiting some negative behaviours like yelling, angry throwing tirades, etc. I realized that i wasn't giving her enough autonomy, choices in the matter. kind of like treating her in the 2yr old way - distraction and sweeping her...
eagerly awaiting responses to this one! our dd is same age ,and same kind of stuff. i try to resist asking why, but the times i have, the most amazing, creative and ridiculous answers come forth.