or Connect

Posts by aba

It seems that these two terms don't go together at all!  Unless you rely on guacamole, salads, salsa and smoothies.....can you help me think further about average things that are still raw, or recipes for raw meals that don't call for $10 worth of nuts??   I like nuts, but could never afford that on a regular basis...   Any good sites or books?
    It looks like HSLDA-PAC is separate from HSLDA:       [my bolding]
Quote: Originally Posted by heatherdeg If you join HSLDA, your fee is used to help support them in their political lobbying that they feel is tied to our freedom to homeschool, but you may or may not agree with. If you join pre-paid legal, your money is simply used to offset future legal fees if/when you need them but to my knowledge (having been with them for 11 years) your money is not used to support any political lobbying or even charitable...
Okay. I hear a lot about HSLDA. They sort of present themselves as something like Pre-paid Legal, where one might pay for membership to have the services of a lawyer should their homeschooling ever be challenged. However, when I really look around their website, a big portion of their work has little do to with actual homeschooling, but rather "protecting parents' rights", and commenting on legislation, etc. that honestly has nothing to do with homeschooling. One...
That's interesting that your ped didn't seem worried about it. That gives me hope that the surgeon may feel the same way. I freak out at the thought of surgery and would only do it if I felt she really needed it. Anyone else?
Quote: Originally Posted by kathteach I have a question--for those who are wiping after nursing during the night, doesn't the wiping just wake up your baby who then wants to nurse again to get back to sleep? To answer this, yes that's what my DD would have done. She was a crappy sleeper and would wake up if you breathed on her. So even though I used the spiffies on her teeth before bed, I dared not try to open her mouth after I finally got her...
There should be a differentiation between BF in general and frequent night nursing. Here's my story: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...458&highlight= DD fell asleep at the breast nearly every night since birth until 33 mo., and woke several times to nurse. I am fairly certain that that bm combined with crappy bacteria transmitted from both DH and me conspired to create the 10 cavities that she had at 3 yo. We've taken care of 8 of them with laser dentistry. ...
Just wanted to post an update. We had the first two of DD's cavities filled Friday and it was no problem. No needles, no gas, no major drilling. The laser procedure was super-quick too. There is a little bit of "drilling" at the end to smooth out the filling, but otherwise, it went great. We were in and out of the office in 30 minutes with two fillings, and that includes waiting room time and checking out. He was willing to do more, but also wanted to go at her...
I am certain that bf at night contributed to my DD's cavities. After her first tooth was cut, I began using spiffies to clean her teeth. At 11 months I began brushing every night before bed with a non-flouride toothpaste. She's only had soda twice in her life, once Ginger Ale and once 7Up. She does not really like juice, but prefers water all day. She also did not show any real interest in solids until 2 years old and has never had a real taste for sweets. She has...
After reading and reading, I came across laser dentistry and found a dentist who does laser work in the next town over! It's about the same cost as conventional fillings (numbing, drilling, etc.) and is MUCH quicker (probably about 5 minutes per tooth) and requires no needles and (most likely) no drills. My DD did wonderfully in the chair during the consult, x-rays and exam and he thinks she will do well during the work. He is scheduling to do 2 at a time (approx...