or Connect

Posts by Poddi

Thanks!  She actually called today and said she shouldn't have ask for a cruise vacation.  I said that's fine, it's not gonna happen anyway.  Guess she cooled off overnight.  That would have been fine but she had to keep talking more.  Anyway she's disappointed in her children (both brother and I have many health issues and couldn't work a full time job even if we wanted to, no chance of big money for us).  I wanted to say "sorry you feel disappointed, but that's not my...
My mom just had a big argument with me tonight.  She's turning 70 this summer and we were talking about party plans.  Out of nowhere she mentioned that she would like to have a cruise to Alaska, with everyone in the family, and have her party on the ship.  I probably said it too fast but I told her that's too expensive for us.  We're starting a small business and haven't made much money in the last year.  We could theoretically afford this, but don't want to spend that our...
I don't walk around totally naked, it's too cold most time of the year for that.  Though I certainly have no problem exposing my body or changing in front of my sons, who are now 11 and 12.  I'm quite comfortable with my body and don't care who might see it.  DH and my sons are very comfortable with their bodies, too.  On very hot days we might all walk around with just undies, our house doesn't have A/C.  :) When we go swim, I take everything off in the change room and...
My kids were conceived on day 30 and day 7 of my cycles.  We thought we were safe, too.  These methods just can't be relied on.  I'm sure your BF will cool down eventually and deal with it.  You weren't expecting him to be thrilled, right? 
I never really considered Ron to be dumb.  He's not.  He only seem less smart in comparison to his best friends.  It seems all the Weasleys are incredibly good at magic and each had special talents.  It's stated clearly that Ron's grades are about as good as Harry's (their OWL results).  The characters obviously don't interact with those with ordinary intelligence or so-so magic skills very much in the books.  Considering all those people in magical world there are...
Back when I rented we always had to pay the full month's rent even with 30 day notice.  Very few places would allow middle of the month because it would be very hard for them to rent it for the rest of the month.  I'm not sure about legality, but that's just common practice here.  Of course I'm in Canada so things might be different in your place.  It sounds like you did sign that form, so you might have to follow their rules.  The only way I can see to save your money is...
Draco might have improved a bit, but I seriously doubt he can intentionally marry a "mudblood".  Intelligence isn't everything.  IRL many smart women would be willing to marry a man who's not as smart, but kind and fun with live with. Besides Hermione isn't all that smart.  Remember she worked hard all the time to get all the good grades.  Being able to memorize everything isn't that uncommon either (well, at least it's pretty common in my family).    I'm very glad Luna...
I didn't like the Harry/Ginny pairing, though I can see why Harry would would settle with Ginny.  She's a normal girl, he wants a normal life.  Marrying her lets him truly join the Weasley family, have all sorts of extended families, inside connections in the wizarding world.  Something an orphan would benefit a lot from.  I also think she can do a lot of socializing for him, which is important to balance his rigid, self-righteous "I must not tell lies" personality.  Sorry...
Wow this thread is old.  10 years ago I answered 300 - 400K.  Now it would be around 600K.  And this has dropped from the highest a couple years ago.
Good for you!  Don't feel too bad, these scams are everywhere, or seem to be because each scammer send out thousands of email.  My parents nearly got tricked once trying to rent out their vacation property.  They weren't very experienced with online stuff.  They got lucky because two scammers contacted them at the same time, both saying they're getting married and would like to rent that place for honeymoon, and, their company is paying for their honeymoon.   They got...