or Connect

Posts by Poddi

It does sound like a shopping addiction to me.  I suggest looking deeper into it.  She might be more in debt than you expected.  My brother has this and it's ruining his life.  He's now starting the bankruptcy process.    If she just can't take hints I'd try to return everything to stores.  Save the cash or store credits and put them all in an envelope.  Maybe give it to her if she ever complain about not having enough money for XXX.  I did this with my brother and gave...
35 - 45 minutes are typical for me.  I'm not a fast moving person so I plan carefully.  I'd only spend over an hour for very special meals.   My food usually get prepared and cooked in this order:   - Things that need to be baked (30 - 35 minutes). - Things that need to be boiled (20 minutes) - Stir-fry (< 10 minutes) - microwave (2 - 3 minutes), usually leftovers - salads (couple minutes)   This way they can all get ready at about the same time, so nothing is...
I'm kinda still doing this, but my pantry is full again.  We went shopping for food items for the Halloween donations, and loads of canned stuff were on sale so I bought a bunch. :) Oh well, I'll keep rotating out the older stuff and use them.
I have 11 first cousins on my dad's side.  None on my mom's side (she's adopted).  I'm the youngest in my generation.  My oldest cousin is 16 years older and a grandma to two kids. (My grandma is still around, so that makes her a great-great grandma.)   DH has 5 cousins on his dad's side, 12 on his mother's side.  So 17 all together.  He's the oldest in his generation.  I wonder if that's why he seems more mature and paternal than me, because he's the oldest and I'm the...
I used the same thing.  Nellie's is great for mixing scents in.  I mixed in fragrance oils.  About 20 drops to a whole tin (about 100 loads) Mostly because I have it on hand already.  You can use EO, too though you might need to put more drops in.  Mix well and let them sit for a bit, then mix some more.   If you don't mind you can also buy their dryer balls and they sell lavender sticks to put into the balls to scent your laundry.  I never tried that but the reviews are...
I used two cans (well opened two cans) today.  The chili expired almost two years ago and still tasted fine.  The soup was bought just a few weeks ago and it reeked of mold so I dumped it.  Never buying that brand again.   I'm using up the canned stuff all right.  I don't know how I can possibly use up the rice and flours (all white).  DH was the one who bought and stockpiled them.  I can not eat rice so I cook them rarely.  The flours are OK but I mostly use bread flour...
We're kinda living through this - reduction of income.  DH quit his job to start a small business, and we don't expect to see much income in the first couple years.  We did save up for this, we got enough savings to last a while.  Although it's helpful that we were never wasteful to start with.  I don't know how old your kids are.  We told our kids long before he quit.  Everyone's on board.  We all cut our monthly allowance by half, reduced spending on birthdays and other...
Not doing very well at this challenge as it's the Thanksgiving weekend here.  Yesterday I hosted a party and today we went out.  I did managed to use two cans of soup from the pantry.  Tomorrow I'll make some pasta to go with our leftovers.
How much do you spend on groceries per month? $700 - 800 cdn  for 4 people (the boys eat as much as adults do) Organic only on the dirty dozen produce, I try to focus on local and fresh.   What is your diet like? Omnivore and a very wide variety of food, I like to experiment.  We probably eat less meat and fruit than average and more veggies.  I do buy some boxed cereals and snacks for the kids, I don't eat them myself.   Where do you live? Greater Vancouver, BC,...
Can you talk to them about ordering an unbaked pizza?  Then you can have it cooked at home.  Most food containers focus on being air tight, so typical containers would make it soggy for sure.  I'd just use cardboard box.   You know it can be composted, right?  At least that's what our city told us.  All soiled paper products can go into the compost bin.