or Connect

Posts by Poddi

Hmm, this makes me think people in our families must be unattractive. :D I never noticed "hitting" on anybody.  But then I'm pretty oblivious on those stuff.  I do have a guy friend (married) who flirt with me a lot, but that's just the way he is.  We've been friends for 17 years and there was never any problem.  Flirting doesn't worry me much, lots of people do that, married or not.  I'm sure to some people they like the attention of married people.   Maybe they're just...
I don't know.  We didn't have any dance (it was extra money and DH and I didn't want to bother practice).  There were music during the ceremony of course but we didn't choose them.  Just some typical wedding music they played. :) Actually I do remember the music being rather quiet and I couldn't be sure if it started.  (I was at the other end of a large community hall.) I waited and waited for someone to give me a sign to start walking with my dad.  Finally I just...
Oh if you mean a woman's personal account, yes I do have a separate bank account.  I have 7k there that's mine.  I have my registered savings account (called TFSA in Canada) as well and can use that in a pinch. Everything else is joint account.  We have an emergency fund that's enough for about 8 months.   According to this article, the average Canadian have about $93952 in RRSP.  I think that's pretty impressive.  This would not include TFSA, education fund or other...
I'm not sure what "nest egg" mean exactly.  Do you mean just savings, not intended for retirement or college or a future purchase?   Most people I know have some savings for retirement and kids education and maybe even vacayions (typical middle class in my circles), but not a lot left after those.  
Great bargains!  But how did you manage to take all those stuff home? :) When we go on vacation (usually by driving) we hardly have enough space for the suitcases. Did you expect to buy lots of stuff?   I bought 23 pieces of kids clothes a few days ago at Value Village's 50% sale for $40. :) My boys have been growing so much.  Now they have enough pants that are long enough.  I think the 50% off sale day will be on labor day in US, if anyone's interested. 
I guess we qualify as living in the Pacific Northwest as well. :) Although our city is a bit colder and a lot rainier than place like Seattle.  Waterproof quality is very important, as well as wind blocking quality.   Somehow it's always windy here.   I've had good experience with coats from Land's End, most of them are water repellent.  I wait until they're on sale, then use a coupon code and can get a Squall parka for $25.  Down filled coats are a bit too warm here,...
Please share your frugal tips on buying kids winter coats and other winter gears. :D I know it's only August, but hopefully it's a good time to buy winter clothes for kids.  Post any tips, links, sales here.  If you have any particular tips on how to keep warm and dry in your local weather, please tell us about it, too. :)
Oh I hope not.  What I have is those natural laundry soda, there isn't supposed to be any filler in it.  I bought a bucket good for 1000 loads.  Plus a few tins each enough for 100 loads.  That's enough for 6 years for us.   I only buy liquid detergent for delicate washes as needed.  Anyway, I'll try hard not buy any more. :D
The school here send out a list every year in April.  Along with an order form.  Everything can be ordered from a school supply company and most kids will be using the same stuff/brands.  We did that for a couple years and have so much leftover supplies I stopped ordering them.  Now I sort through their unused (little used) stuff and buy only what they need.  Went from spending $100 each kid on school supplies to about $40 each.  I think the brands I gave them are...
Are we talking about consumable stuff here? :) I'm very bad about keeping personal and household cleaning stuff under control.  Using them up can take years. :o Last I checked I have about 15 bars of soap just for myself.  About 6 years worth of laundry detergent.  Thank goodness I don't use much beauty products so at least there isn't a pile of those.  I have about 12 bottles of shampoo, though (and 4 of those are 1 Litre size).  I need to challenge myself to not buy...