or Connect

Posts by MommyT

We're planning a home birth and I find the best thing to do with people who don't know the real facts about homebirth and midwifery is to explain to them the difference between OB care and midwife care. It's a totally different approach to birth that most people don't understand. I'd definately share with Sami how wonderful midwives and birthing at home are and how safe it really is. It's funny how all those things happen in a hospital, yet the whole story isn't really...
Quote: Originally posted by tinyshoes I practically need an epidural WATCHING the show, it's all so unpleasant. HAHAhAhAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!!!!!!! I know what you mean. The most unfortunate part about these shows is that women watch this crap and base it on all of their birth decisions and assume that this is how birth has to be. They make birth scary, compliments of bad OBs and hyped up media. Any intelligent women would wonder if birth has to...
No memories. Just bragging rights to other Ezzo parents of how fast they trained their baby to sleep through the night. Sounds like it's some sort of cult where how soon you can accomplish this is a reflection of how great a parent you are. Or so I'm assuming.
Ezzo needs a hug. Maybe he needs to look at his relationship with his mother. :LOL
Quote: Originally posted by lilirose I'm about to make a strong statement, let me say in advance that I am not pointing fingers or trying to flame anyone...this is just my opinion and I have felt really strongly about it for a very long time. I am against CIO because I feel that it is a violation of the child's human rights. Most people would never dream of letting a handicapped or elderly adult "cry it out" so that his/her caregivers can go have sex or...
I hate this question!!!! I always just say "He sleeps fine! Wakes up very well rested!" I leave out the part where he's up to nurse 2-3 times a night because then it would go into the whole "He's still nursing!" and "He sleeps in bed with you!" conversations. My patience has run REALLY thin with these people. :LOL
I'm pregnant now, DS is 16 months old and this pregnancy was not planned. We're very happy about it and feel so blessed...but so overwhelmed and I'm pretty scared. DS is still a baby himself! When I told DH that I was PG, the look on his face was classic! He didn't know whether to jump out of his pants in excitement, or wait to see if I was OK with it! He was so excited! I'm excited too, just so tired as it is, now we're adding another baby. :LOL
Another LLL member here! I started attending when I was 7 months pregnant and DS is now 16 months. We're also very active in the Enrichment meetings. I love the group of ladies in my group and their children. They are such a good group of kids for DS to grow up knowing and I've always felt so 'normal' there compared to some of our other friends and acquaintances. It's so nice to be around like-minded moms that support natural and gentle parenting in a world full of people...
A friend of mine got one of these and she HATED it. It had so little power and just flat out didn't work. She has a Pump In Style and was actuallyl able to establish her entire milk supply with it since her baby couldn't and still can't swallow.
I just found out a couple of weeks ago that I'm pregant again. My DS is only 16 months old and still and avid nurser. I am not going to actively wean him as he's clearly not ready. I am a little afraid of what to expect though. For the last week, my breasts are EXTREMELY sore and hurt a lot when he nurses. Holding his face closer to my breast seems to work a little, but it's still pretty painful. Will this sore feeling go away or will I have to deal with it my entire...