or Connect

Posts by lanamommyphd07

1. One beautiful treasure box/container of some kind. 2. Scanner 3. Camera   The goal: things in the treasure box are real treasures.   Papers and photos can be scanned. Heck, artwork can be scanned. High school letterman jackets can be photographed. Old favorite things we wore as children can be photographed. The stack of sentimental t-shirts (at least in my house) became a quilt. It's a great quilt, by the way, but it is sassy! The special hand-crocheted blanket...
Sure! At least, the fridge/freezer, a 3-burner stove, oven, micro, sink. Not a whole lot of cupboards, though, and the dishes are in a drawer. We have a full bathroom too! But only 5 minutes of hot water. We don't use the micro much--and if I built something to my taste it would be of much higher quality than what comes standard on an RV.
I have a minimalist kitchen--like, really really bare. We live in about 100 square feet--and I'll be honest; I can trash my kitchen out in less than a couple of minutes. The thing about less stuff, though, is that I can convert an entirely trashed kitchen (like everything out and dirty) to a completely clean one in less than 30 minutes. There are days that I think, huh, we really don't need two bigger bowls--one would do. But then my little one wants to make a different...
We're pretty RU around here, and I've been asked about the chores and jobs kind of thing before--mostly when someone sees me picking up DD (6)s toys or something.   In the "old" days, I worked as a play therapist and had a standing rule that no child was allowed to pick up after the session. There were logistic reasons for it, but mostly it was because the child's need was to play. My need was to have a fresh space for the next one. Why would I place my need on a small...
I wanted the experience of growing one myself. It was a piece of life I'd always looked forward to.
Good to see a SMC thread going! It's hard to find "single parent" threads that aren't full of regrets and woes and anger about exes!   I created my dd (6) with donor sperm (IUI)--She's got 13 donor sibs so far that have registered on the DSR...it's been a great resource, and so much fun to meet the other kids.   If I were a bit younger and flush with cash, I would have gone completely octomom with more of them....but alas, raising kids alone is a little tricky! Doable,...
When we lived in a way old farmhouse on a bitter cold island in the winter, we shut off the upstairs, hung the thickest comforters and quilts we could find from the thrift store (with nails above the trim) to stop the airflow between rooms in the house, then big thick ones nailed over the north windows. We left the southern windows with just the expensive shrink plastic to capture as much light as possible, but still, sadly, the electric bill to run three baseboard heaters...
zero here
I was a revolting Catholic in my late teens. I was raised by parents who were quite active in church (dad was an ex-priest--oh the scandal, mom!) thus it was a big part of life and sort-of awful for me when I said "hold on. Wait a minute. What about these guys over here?" We were only one generation away from folks telling their kids "don't play with any of the non-Catholics at school", so you can only imagine the feedback I got when I wanted to discuss other religions...
I apologize to Erlaine for potentially derailing the thread. Sometimes things are lost in translation. I removed the portion of my post that contained a potentially offensive comparison between alcohol-induced slowing of thinking and a person with DS. This was clearly not relevant to your initial question.