or Connect

Posts by lanamommyphd07

Totally. I've been a student in that situation, and I do believe I could have been accused at some point for delivering a lecture in each of those whoops categories. Especially the coffee.
Alfie is such a hero for me! This thread has encouraged me to drag the UP book out again. Incidentally, it's one of about a total of 10 books I currently own. It's so full of information it's a really hard one to pass along to others.   I worked in parent-child relationship land for a while, and I found that for the typical non-GD parent, while they mostly (if they read the book) had a takeaway of an overly ideal situation in parenting, the most striking thing was...
Genevieve
I hang on to some of this as we meander through learning here, too. Once in a while there might be a great chance for an experience, and it might involve a school of some type. I hate to present it to dd as "better" or "worse" but more in terms of "how cool it is that you can learn this thing this way right now". 
I honestly saw the same kind of FB post, but in the other direction. It was a mom who said "I'd like any of our baby friend families to let me know if you've recently vaxed for flu or rota, since we're concerned about shedding and don't want the exposure right now" kind of thing.   I had this whole post written about this, and then I re-read that she ALREADY KNOWS!!! OMG! So, if she's continuing to hang out with you, I'd just indulge her in her hypocrisy. Unless she...
I know this is old-timey, but in my tween years I simply loved "Eight is Enough" and "Emergency". I bet some of those could be accessed online free and whatnot. Even though some of it would be kind of cheesy by today's standards. Also 21 Jump Street and Fame were fun ones back then, but again, there's a cheese factor. She might like Land of the Lost? I can honestly not even think of a show out there today that I would find suitable...My 5 y.o. likes OUAT, but she has...
Yah. I think that WIC chick spent too much time watching ads from the dairy lobby on TV. You're right on track, OP. Cow milk is for cow toddlers, not human ones.
Our standard K lunch:   Water in a thermos Small thermos of soup (potato bean or veg) pack of seaweed with the side cut open for her two kinds of fruits/veg, like peeled clementines, apples, grapes, mango, carrots, kale, cauliflower, broccoli, but all prepared/chopped and ready to eat in little bites.   Sometimes when there's no soup ready I send a container of tuna and a baggie of pickles (that's a huge hit) Sometimes a bit of plain yogurt (when we're...
It looks like I missed your question, Serenbat...I apologize.   By not hounding guests for monetary replacements or making a fuss over objects and stuff, I'm hopefully setting a great example for dd about how our values run. If my dd was at another home, however, I would probably offer a solution to "make it right", and also demonstrate taking responsibility. I think we're talking about two slightly different value sets. One, the value of people over stuff, and two, the...