or Connect

Posts by littlelentils

i used this recipe: http://mideastfood.about.com/od/dipsandsauces/r/tahinisauce.htm   but ive made it before using a different recipe that added some spiciness to it. wish i could find it b/c it was so good!     oh and this week so far we've had polenta pinto bean casserole and tonight we had "creamy" tomato soup with grilled daiya cheese sandwiches.    
tonight we are having curried lentil burgers with (soy) yogurt and mango jalapeno jam.  also, steamed broccoli served with tahini sauce, too! 
i think this one is pretty close:       Vegan Ranch Dressing By Spiral Diner Dairy-free ranch dressing recipes are all over the internet and in cookbooks, but this is our go-to version. What You Need:   1/2 cup Nayonaise 1/2 cup Veganaise 1/4 cup soymilk 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon onion powder 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 2 rounded teaspoons fresh parsley,...
thanks! that is totally what we are going to do!
hi all! well we are back from the doctor and he said that her eye turning inward is normal at this point since it just happens for a few seconds and only randomly when she is tired.  he is a developmental optometrist and has specialized in things like this for 20 some years.  her eyesight is 2.50 in both eyes.  he said she is far sighted for her age and most doctors would prescribe her glasses...but he thinks she might outgrow it.  He wants to wait 6 months to check...
thanks guys!  her appt is tomorrow.  im pretty calm about it now.....  hope it goes well!
unfortunately we canceled our insurance this month temporarily after years of never using it!  bad timing.  :(   i thought the eye doctor would be open by today but i have to wait till tomorrow.  thanks! 
hi all!  my 3 year old daughter's right eye seems to turn inward when she is looking up close at something.  we only notice it when she is eating and has the food close to her mouth.   this started about a week or two ago and this is the 3rd time ive seen it.  i thought the first couple times i was seeing things b/c she had pink eye.  but, now that she has recovered, her eye turned inward again this morning. we are going to add her to our vision plan on monday so we can...
hi all!  i am looking for a craft and literature based preschool curriculum.  i dont want something that is super strict as we are more into the relaxed/child led learning kind of homeschooling.  i am also more of the "better late than early" camp when it comes to learning to read etc.  my daughter plays all day and we hugely encourage that for most of her time but i need help when it comes to just "doing stuff" when she wants something more.  i can be pretty crafty on...
i actually had white colostrum (dried) on that spot so i think it must have taken skin off with it when he latched.  how/when does it go away?