or Connect

Posts by PPK

I think you are on a good train of thought with how to choose a major.  I always tell people to keep their minds open to majors they wouldn't think would 'suit' them.  I wavered for years about what to major in and in the end, decided on Accounting.. something I *never* in a million years would have guessed I'd be doing.  Family and friends thought I was joking :lol    I have a similar desire to help people..I was a nurse's aide with elderly and hospice patients for...
I found it impossible to decide until I was 30 and it caused me so much frustration to 'not know'.  I had lots of great ideas, but could always find a reason that x,y, or z wouldn't work out.  I read about a technique (can't remember the book), but it said to list things you value.  For me it was something like : flexibility, worthwhile mission, possible self-employment, or running my own business.. freedom.. enjoying my occupation and the environment I'm in...   Once I...
Its 18 total (excused and unexcused combined..).
Hi,   My son started K this year and is already up to 8 or 9 of the 18 absences allowed.    I sent him today for an early release day (last day before break), and he was ok for the sing-along (I attended and kept an eye on him), but then had recess and all the running aggravated his coughing.  At class party he sounded horrendous and I took him home within a minute of severe cough acting up.  There were other moms present (2 were pregnant) and 20 kids in the...
I would love to join here!    I will do my finances tomorrow to track what I've been spending this last week.  Its been such a whirlwind of Christmas shopping, I kind of don't want to look..   Will be trying to be more moderate with the Chrismas shopping for sure though.. 
Hi, I'm joining again here, its been maybe a year or more since I last checked in.  We were up to BS3 years ago, but since then have bought a house, and now I'm in school FT and beginning to rack up student loans...   We are about through BS2 (2months till DH's minor cc's are paid).  What do you consider school loans to be catergorized as?  They will take quite a while to pay.. if I keep borrowing at this rate it will be maybe 30,000 in 3 more years.   Thanks,...
Bumping:)  Is anyone still active on this thread?  Its been forever since I've read/posted, but would love to get it going again!  
We have Comcast and every 6 months they try to bump us up to $60/month for just internet.  So we call every 6 months, complain and threaten to drop, and they drop us to the 'introductory' offer of 32/month.  Sometimes I end up paying for a month or two while it gets readjusted to the better price, but god...$60 is crazy.    
Congrats on completing BS1!   Sadly, I need to get bumped to PreStep 1:(  Hope to get some good progress between now and Thanksgiving/Christmas time though..
Hi,   I don't think I've probably been here for a year or so, I really need and want to buckle down again on expenses, etc.     I WAS at bs #3 for a little while, but then bought a new car, a house, and slowly started using credit cards (now have balances of 1800, 800, 750.    DS started daycare a few months back, so that's a big expense, and PreK this year...ata least the following he'll be starting public (we have some excellent public schools, thank...