or Connect

Posts by savvybabygrace

Can anyone please PM me a sample religious exemption letter that they have successfully used in NY? I'm looking for guidance (not to use the letter word for word) in submitting our daughter's letter for Kindergarten which starts in one week. We have written a letter and spoken with the school's nurse but judging from her reaction I'm getting extremely nervous. We had our daughter vaxed until 15 months when we finally got a big wake up call. Please, can anyone point...
I cannot stand having "extras" in exam rooms. My great dislike started when, as a very shy teenager, I had to go to the dermatologist for acne and my derm. did not ask if I minded if her residents stood in on my appointments. They were totally cute males in their early 20's. I was humiliated. 3 times. Until I begged my mother never to take me there again. Then there was the time only a few years ago when my 2nd child was a newborn and I was having a supposedly private...
Quote: Originally Posted by mamaofprincesses I can understand being put out by the request for mileage money. But, given all you've said about her - what a great nanny she is, and her personal circumstances - I think it would be very generous of you to call the rest her Christmas bonus, and forgive the debt. Sounds like something out of Chicken Soup for the Soul, actually. If I were your nanny, I would work even harder and love you even more for showing...
I also used it for my home waterbirth this past June - we used a fill/drain pump that attached to the hose and faucet that drained it and filled it again with hot water - worked PERFECTLY. I really loved this pool!!! I'm actually looking to get rid of my pool, un-used liners, hose and pump - PM if you'd be interested.
My favorite uncle, Steve, died Friday night from a massive heart attack - his 3rd. He was only 45 - too young. My Aunt Vicky, oh god, she and I are so close...she and Steve were together since they were in their early teens...she spent her whole life with him...and suddenly, he's gone.... I'm in shock, he was such a vital part of our close-knit family. We have a large, very close family, and everyone is simply reeling from this tragedy. I never knew life without him and I...
I think of you so often...sending lots of love....
When I was pregnant with #2, we informed my parents that we would be leaving the baby intact if it was a boy (we had a daughter). My parents flew off the handle completely and argued all the typical b.s. I gave birth to our son 2 months ago and he's intact, of course. I know my parents don't agree with our decision, but they don't talk about it. It's become not a big deal at all...we simply disagree. The other day my mom said, "I was talking to R (my childhood ped, my...
i did this and am taking them daily...will post and PM u later when not nak
I'm in Wheatfield!
I know that when I taught, we *always* sent home a separate, specific paper for parent's consent for taking photos/video of the dc. I would just talk with the teacher about it.