or Connect

Posts by CarricksMom

I don't think they checked for inflammation or WBC (is that white blood cells?)   Our land was partially a tree farm many years ago, but seems like any chemicals used would have been gone by now.    Could a pinched nerve cause random/all over body pain? Or would it just affect the area that the nerve is pinched in?
Yeah, I was sort of thinking B12 too, but I guess not according to his blood test.  The Floradix has B12, so even if the blood test is wrong, he is getting some :)   We eat mostly organic foods and I don't know of any other pesticides.  Our neighbors are not as "green" as we are, so I'm sure they sometimes use pesticides, but he rarely goes in their yard. Wonder how close he would have to go to be affected by that?   We are homeschooling so no change there. It did start...
I hope someone can help me figure out what is going on with DS.  He is having random stinging, pins and needles sensations all over his body.  They started out maybe 10-20 per day a few months ago and now they are literally every few seconds.  Sometimes he also has bubble sensations and once in a while he says he feels a cool sensation.  There is no rhyme or reason to the pains.  Can occur anywhere and at any time.  His GP said she did not have enough info to go on.  I new...
  We put it in a ponytail when it needs to be away from his eyes, like eating or when it is really hot. 
Thanks for the conditioning advice ilovechotchkes!  We use conditioner when we wash it - I wet it, put conditioner on, comb, then rinse and wash.  His hair is a little fine and conditioner makes if look really flat and stringy if I do it last.   Do you use the spray bottle conditioner when his hair is dry?  I tried a spray detangler on it when it was dry and it made massive knots!  Wondering if you had better results.
I love this thread, it is great to see other boys who are so adorable with long hair.  DS is 5 (almost 6) and we trimmed his bangs when he was 20 months and regretted it!  No haircuts since then!  He wants it to grow to the floor.  He gets called a girl a lot, but I just correct them if I will ever see the person again or ignore if it is just a stranger.  DH thinks it will start affecting him adversely if he keeps getting called a girl.  I think he will just learn how...
Does anyone have any experience with this company or their cookware?  I've spoken with someone on the phone who wants to do a free cooking demo at my home.  They are trying to sell their cookware, obviously, but I want to be informed before the demo so I know what I am getting into.   Does anyone know anything about titanium for cookware in general?  We are no longer using non-stick and are using stainless steel and an iron skillet.  I could really use a larger...
I am so glad to read this post!  My DS is almost 5 and 1/2 and still nurses at night.  I. too, see no reason to take something away from him that is good for him and that he loves - the only reason would be what others would think.  As an AP parent, I haven't been concerned with what people think so far, so why start now?!
Thanks for the replies.  No one else has any symptoms.  I have looked in is poop somewhat.  Not really picked it apart too much, but a little.   Beanma, what other kind of worm could it be? 
I know this is an old thread, but thought I would post a question anyway.  DS has had rectal itching for several months now.  No other symptoms.  He says it is itching about an inch inside.  We have been to the Dr.  She thought it was pinworms, we did the scotch tape test and saw nothing.  We did the test from the Drs. office and had it sent to the lab and it came back negative.   We have tried all sorts of exterior creams and still itching.  Doesn't really seem to...