or Connect

Posts by UmmIbrahim

Nope, most days he's stuck inside...much like me...what can he do outside? Its been a very cold, crazy winter and some days are finally getting a bit nice, those days I make dh drive us near to the city where we hop a bus and spend the day outside like normal people...LOL...but at home, there is NOTHING to do outside...we are in the middle of no where. Its not a good environment because its duller than dishwater. We all hate it and are extremely bored.    
He's not in school...we pulled him out and because we live in the middle of no where there really isnt anything around, also my hubby works all day and I cant drive-I'm a city girl...never needed to learn until we moved...so no, hes stuck at home with me all day...bored to tears. Cant go anywhere cuz you cant walk anywhere...   But we are moving in late May...back to the city, and he will def. be going to school from then on...so that should help a bit.
Sooo...you all are saying he needs a lot more sleep. Yes, I would LOVE for him to get more sleep...but...um...how?   He fights us tooth and nail and makes an insane fuss when we try to put him to bed at any specific time. Norm we just wait till he says he's tired and then we put him to bed, when we tried a schedule...didnt really work...sooo...any ideas??   also any ideas how to get him to sleep longer in the morning? Cuz we are frankly very sleep deprived...and...
So I'm just wondering because my husband and I have talked about this off and on. - esp cuz we both know people who although older now, were seriously harmed by diseases that are now preventable. While I understand some parents are worried about potential side affects and dangers...are those side effects and dangers really so significant to not vax your child? like Ive always read its incredibly low.   Also, we were talking that like, okay 50 years ago before all...
hahaha, yah my son is 4...stopped all naps at 3 1/2...it has been VERY rough, he wakes up at 6am...and runs around crazy at home until like 10pm...needless to say im exhausted, frustrated and sometimes just wonder why people have kids...LOL   But yah, I also now and again do the UBER bad parent-turn on a movie and sleep routine...cuz he wont do quiet time.    
Hi all.   so I really dont know...my son is 4 years old and has hit all the developmental stages at the normal time or a bit early, he's extremely smart and picks up things very very fast.   But, I'll be frank...his behavior has started to become a bit...I dunno, strange. Both my husband and I are completely exhausted with him, like seriously exhausted.   So, he seems to have a LOT of energy, but like way way way more than most kids Ive seen, although I know...
salaamu alaikum, not too much going on...I am working on getting my shop, Arabian Threads up and going again. I have some new items in and am busy processing them, alhamdullah. We've settled in pretty well back into the US...Im not depressed anymore-alhamdullah-I'm feeling a lot better. My son is in preschool 3 days a week and loves it.
Thank you, mods...pls delete
deleted...
What about when the baby self-weans? Sometimes this happens. I know when I had Ibi I had *intended* BF for 2 years (The recommended time to BF in Islam according to the Prophet tradition (sunnah) and although I personally did not particularly enjoy it, for whatever reason (I couldn't ever figure out why) I did so mostly due to religious practice. But around 11months my son started to loose interest in it, I didn't have supply issues and I wasnt supplimenting w/ formula,...