or Connect

Posts by katydid

drewsmom...thank you for your input! i did, in fact, eliminate dairy from my diet long ago...i was never a big user of dairy products to begin with, but found that it did make dd mighty gassy. and you're right, it's tremendously hard to eliminate dairy - everything that isn't overtly dairy seems to have a hint of dairy in it (like whey)...there are no developmental delays at all...our midwives, her ped., our naturopath and other mamas i have talked with about this...
thanks so much to all of you lovely ladies for relating your experiences and making this ~paraniod~: first-time-mama feel much better!i think being alone in my cabin all day with just my dd and no other adults to play with gets to me sometimes...i start thinking too much and constantly wonder...is this right? am i doing ok? will this screw up my dd when she is 13? anyhoo, feeling great after reading all of your stuff! thanks! i did stop consuming dairy products...
i voted to tell them almost everything...i suppose it depends on your ped. we shopped around until we found one who respected our parenting methods, and did not push us to vaccinate, to start solids early, etc. typically, we take our dd to a naturopath, but it's good to have the resource available, especially for information and a different opinion on matters. if there is ever a time we don't like his advice or recommendations, we simply disregard them! happy thursday!
bec, dear! you are just what i needed! thank you! i like to think i know my little one better than anyone else, but after several people make comments that i might not, i can't help but second guess myself, being a new mama and all. but you have made me feel like i am doing a good job, that my instincts are right on, and you offered some much needed words of encouragement on a very trying day! thank you for helping out and for putting a smile on my face! much...
I need advice, help, whatever words of encouragement someone has to give! We have a very petite almost-seven-month-old on our hands. Whenever someone asks how old she is they are shocked when I tell them, as though they were expecting the answer to be 3 or 4 months. I have asked her pediatrician, our naturopath, and our midwives what they think, and they all say she is happy and healthy and beautiful. but alas, I am a first time mama, so I still worry! Here are...
thanks for the input victoria! good to know, although i can't say i'm looking forward to it! did she ever draw blood? ah well, i'm not too worried about the bottom teeth anyway, as her tongue will be in the way...i just hope she doesn't bite herself! we don't use pacifiers, but i did try freezing a wet cloth. when i gave it to her she looked at me like i was nuts! too cold i think. you'd think she'd be used to the cold being that we live in alaska, but i guess...
DeeDee... Thank you so much for your advice and words of encouragement. I didn't think there were any real causes for concern since my little one is definitely thriving and still into nursing! I suppose I just needed to hear that from someone else who may have gone through it and know that support is out there! Thanks! Kat
hello... new here to mothering discussion boards... looking for advice for two problems we're having... 1.) my 6-month old is teething, and frequently gums down on my nipples while nursing. her soar little gums seem to be hindering her ability to nurse at times, not to mention is causing me lots of pain. i've read "the womanly art of breastfeeding, and tried the techniques they mention, but they don't seem to work. anyone have any suggestions? 2.) how much...