or Connect

Posts by Marcy Axness

Hi, Sandy-- First, so sorry for the delay--there were a few glitches with my forum set-up and also with my knowing how to WORK the forum!   In general, we hate to ever make anything around food a struggle or battle. Just don't want to associate in a kid's brain nourishment and negativity. Let me first say, this is NOT medical advise, and I would of course recommend that you be in consultation w/ your ped about this... but my instinct on this is to continue...
Hi, Emilie... PLEASE forgive me the long delay in responding--I didn't realize I wasn't subscribed to my own forum, so a) didn't know I had new posts waiting and b) once I found them a few days ago, it became clear that there was a problem with my forum--no "Reply" button! But whew, that's all fixed, and here I am. First of all, thank you for sharing your own experience. Discovering that adoption was/is a key issue at age 26 isn't so late, about the same as me.  I had a...
Ah, yes, that would make a great log-line for my life: I didn't know I had so much to say till I started saying it! Thank you for YOUR thoughtful sharing. What an extraordinary story... and journey you have been on. It is indeed an ever-unfolding adventure, and your last paragraph expresses such wisdom, about continuing to abide in the curiosity... the wonder... as each of your destinies unspools.
Sorry for the delay, but I'm here, everyone--hi! (Getting up to speed on the new expert forum format has been a fits & starts proposition.) Moonbeem, as an adopted person (forget "expert" for a moment) I have often said "Motherhood brought me to my knees." I had been through many years of various kinds of therapy, but not only had NONE of my therapists explored the adoption piece (??!), nothing had prepared me for this. Many years ago (when my children were still fairly...