or Connect

Posts by tammyswanson

Nope, we just took them in once so we could get 'proof' for the birth certificates. The second one I refused to do prenatal 'care' or ultrasounds after Gloria Lemay clued me into how they are not safe at all. They are both healthier than horses! I recommend the book by Dr. Robert Mendelsohn, How to raise a healthy child in spite of your doctor. It really does help put you at ease, especially if you are a new mom.  I also looked at the kids I knew growing up, the ones...
The best advice that worked for us was to read the book "Nourishing Traditions" by Dr Sally Fallon. The advice in her book saved our health! My DH lost weight, my rheumatoid arthritis went into remission (after 5 months), DH's chronic indigestion disappeared, my high blood pressure went away. Another great source of info is the ppnf.org foundation, which has a book called Nutrition and Physical Degeneration by Dr Weston A Price. Excellent read, especially if you plan to...
My DS is 4 and no problems, though I had to smack the intern's hands away because she was trying to retract him! Only thing you really have to worry about is doctors trying to retract. Or nurses. Or interns. You gotta tell them to never do that, many honestly don't know to not retract! They aren't taught anything about the intact normal penis.
I tried my very best, I really did. I sent out a circumcision information pack along with Dr Mendelsohn's book and a baby sling for her. When she failed to mention it at all (knew that was a not good sign), I then sent her an email about circumcision and how you are supposed to protect your baby, etc. Didn't hear anything at all. So, I finally sent a letter to her, pleading to keep her baby whole, and I described the circumcision process to her. Her mother then called me...
Congratulations! What a sweet birth story, sounds like your kids really love the new baby! With me, hypnobabies didn't work so great, but the hot water for the waterbirth did wonders too. Congratulations on a great home birth!
I took witch hazel LEAF tea and a few drops of shepherds purse tincture in the tea ( DH put in 5 drops), just a handful of witch hazel leaf to a cup or so of water. I bled so much less this last UC than the first one. Just don't use witch hazel bark, use the leaf. Good luck on your birth!!
With my second UC, when I began to have 'birthing waves', I wasn't even sure if it was 'the time' and was trying to go back to sleep. At first I got terrified because I remembered how my first UC (planned) was, but this time I was more prepared- we had the birth tub ready, I had taken RRL and lady's mantle tea, also had a way better diet and had raw milk, yogurt, and taken elemental magnesium. I got ahold of myself and figured that there was no guarantee that it would be...
Awesome birth story! I loved having a birthing pool this time around too! I felt that everything I did helped me have a much better labor this time around as well! Ha, we named our DD Sonya! And I do think that listening to hypnobabies didn't hurt either. Great birth! Congratulations!
As far as cleaning dishes, switch to paper plates! I really should do this, as I just had a baby a few weeks ago, and had cleaned the house and kitchen the day before I went into my birthing waves (labor). Now it looks even messier than before! You can also get plastic spoons, forks, knives, (I think they may even have biodegradable ones now too) etc so you don't have to do that either. I hear you about not having any friends or relatives near by, we moved down here a...
Being a mom is a 24 hour a day job. Maybe you should tell him that he can watch the kids while you 'take a break' and get a day job. I remember Alice on the old Honeymooners program saying something like, "Men work from sundown to sun up, but a womans work is never done. I would omit the 'just' and take it as a compliment.