or Connect

Posts by mommato5

Pack n play!
Oh my gosh, these stories, I am so sorry ladies.   Shonahsmom, I can really sympathize with you. My midwife took her grand ole time getting to my home, copied medic reports, looked our baby over, and said that she was a tad yellow so place her in sunlight and she may have trouble with her temperature so keep her bundled or skin to skin, then left. She dismissed our concerns so I thought we were just being paranoid. She got to our home over an hour and a half after I...
I can tell you that if you go with a DR, look into a perinatologist as well. Having the history you do, it may be best to try to find a new dr and try a different hospital! It's better to be on the safe side. I understand how nerve wracking it can be to do things differently, but we have to put our babies ahead of ourselves. A 14 day NICU stay is pretty rough. If you can handle things during the pregnancy with monitoring, you may be able to avoid problems again! Do they...
Would you consider blogging?? If you have facebook, I have people I could connect you with!! I think March of Dimes has message boards too.   Unfortunately, not many people really care about what a mom goes through. They insist that pregnancy and birth are romantic and wonderful. We just have to find where we can safely go to share our stories and our thoughts. I think ALL stories and moms should be supported, but, my fantasies are usually inaccurate. If you need an...
We have to have regular monitoring. It was diagnosed upon birth. Luckily it is small, so we haven't had problems (knock on wood, but the fear is always there). If it was larger, then it would be a bigger issue than it is. He was a NICU baby, had to be resuscitated after being born blue and limp. He was almost a c-section baby because he was going into distress.
Some do not correct themselves. Some children need surgery to fix them. This defect can be deadly. This defect can affect oxygenation of the blood. Minor infections can cause endocarditis, an infection of the heart. Anything that stresses the heart out can harm the heart, and this defect makes it all the more likely.   Hi, I'm a mom to a 12 year old boy who has VSD! It was suppose to close within a few months, then I was told he would die, then it should close in a...
VSD can be minor. It can also be very serious depending upon how large the hole is. I would urge you to reconsider so that your baby can be born with professionals there and ready to examine it. They may need to get in an ultrasound shortly after birth so they can get a better picture of what is going on and what the next step should be in the baby's treatment/management.
Look up their midwife qualifications there. Look at their perinatal and neonatal mortality rates compared to place of birth.
Link #2- Yeah that's a horrible source for any actual information!   Yes, blood systems can mix (obviously if you can pass along nutrients or drugs, right?)! No, these incompatabilities didn't just crop up because of medical advances. They were found due to medical advancement. Before they were found babies would just die. If homebirth prevented this, um, how did I end up with an incompatability?? Taking herbs, changing your diet, and doing enemas don't change your...
RH and blood incompatabilities aren't just a minor thing. Yes, you can have a pregnancy go just fine. However, you can also have a pregnancy go NOT fine. If you are sensitized, your body can attack your baby. It can lead to anemia and even death. This is why sensitized pregnancies NEED monitored. After birth, the type of jaundice that develops is severe. It has to be treated in the hospital. Your baby can be born anemic. Your baby can be born brain damaged or develop...