or Connect

Posts by Happily Blessed

Call.  Its the only way to ease your mind :)
that is so sad.  Now that she is out of school on break, how are things going?     
Ugh, so been there.  Now throw in working 8 hours, and frustrations and you got yourself a combo.  Then when DS turned 3 I was taking care of him and my terminally ill Mother (without working) just being a stay at home Mom/caregiver.  Now fast forward 2 years and there are days when I don't remember the behaviors when he was so much younger.    So 1)  It will get better - it will change.  They grow and are not so clingy.    2)  check into a...
Well, I guess my statement did not sound right.  I would not be fostering to make an income as a job.  I forget that I haven't been on here awhile so I have to retell my story :).  We tried for 7.5 years to get my son, and we have tried since him.  We have had quite a few miscarriages and now I am 42, so no real chance to conceive naturally.  What I really want is a sibling for my son.  We would be able to do foster to adopt.  I know that the normal subsidary for...
Dh and I made a deal several years ago that if we moved to Texas, I would not have to work outside the home.  I could be a stay at home mom.  So we have been here a year.  I got a babysitting job but it didn't work out because of the parents - the nicest thing I will post is that we have different parenting styles, I hate to bag on people and there were reasons behind it.  So then I got another little girl to babysit for and was supposed to babysit her brother when he...
dinosaurs, dinosaurs, dinosaurs.  Books about dinosaurs, movies about dinosaurs, songs about dinosaurs.  Flash cards about dinosaurs.  I figure my son will be able to go to Kindergarten and know which dinosaur belongs to which period.
That is awesome that things are going good.  I have done some of DR ideas but never really followed through with them.  I have my income/outgo on an excel spread sheet and I track what is going out.  But I never really "budgeted" until I started looking at the program "You Need a Budget" or YNAB.  I like it so far.  I have been using it for about 2 weeks.  Dh sold his truck so that we could pay off all of our credit cards so right now we only have our mortgage and basic...
We traveled when my son was short of 3 months with my Mom when she was so sick.  Just be prepared if your going by yourself to be able to handle your babe, your diaper bag, and carrier by yourself.  Also decide if you want your car seat checked or carry on.  I did carry on so that I did not have to worry about losing it and getting into the next airport late at night.     I used a sling through the airport but I also had a mei tai with me.  Make sure you take a change of...
Wow, really?  I'm first?  Okay :)   I decided to become a post partum doula in May 2008.  I was DONA trained in Las Vegas but was never able to use my training until 2010, due to working full time and having an infant.  I decided to become a PPD because after dealing with 7.5 years of infertility, after having my son via emergency C-section and not the birth I wanted, I was pretty shocked.  I felt guilty because I had wanted my son for so long, and had 3 previous...
First, Congratulations on your baby girl!  That is awesome that you were able to conceive and carry to term with having these issues.  I have had RPL testing done - repeated pregnancy loss - testing because we have had a total of 6 miscarriages with one live birth.  I have both issues and I also have PCOs.    If you are able to control the clotting and progesterone issues naturally or without the help of PIO or Lovenox, heparin, I definitely would follow that.  If...