or Connect

Posts by VisionaryMom

Maybe. In real life, I'm not actually very sympathetic to teachers who cannot make their argument well, but I can get in this case why the teacher may just want to throw in the towel on this particular problem.
Of course I hope that most people realize that. I know I was told as a child that I should "be aware" that there was "always someone better." On an intuitive level, no kidding? There were people in the world better at math than me? Obviously I knew that, but I didn't actually encounter those people. I was on math team. I *loved* it. I breezed through the competitions, though. As a 7th grader, I won my regional competition. Our school didn't have the funds (and neither...
Of course people have doubts, but I was responding in particular to the direction the thread was taking that by the ripe old age of 7 or 8, "most" kids will think they're stupid or really bad at something despite the lack of evidence or that things will "even out." I don't think that's a commonality among gifted people (or people in general, really). I don't think that the evening out of abilities is universal either. Certainly I've dropped interests in my life, but I've...
Yes, that bears repeating. An aggravated sexual assault means that there was injury or permanent damage done. This wasn't fondling or even what I'd consider molesting (not that those aren't damaging). This was actual harm being done to a child. This man was CONVICTED of causing injury to a child in the commission of a sex offense. That's not a conviction that's easy to come by, given how many people refuse to believe children who are sexually abused.    
I'm assuming from your last sentence that you don't have personal experience with sex offenders, which is really great for you. They're often sociopathic. They will lie, charm, manipulate, and most people won't even know they're doing it. Talking to this guy accomplishes nothing other than to teach him that he must be more secretive and on his best behavior around the OP because she's suspicious. Sexual abuse isn't "a bad experience." It's a devastating act that leaves...
I've also gotten good deals at Pier One and also at Target for plain cloth ones. We usually use them for 3-4 days at a time.  We don't use new ones at every meal. They're often never even used except to wipe crumbs. We have 20 total for when we have guests, but I'd say we use maybe 6-8 per week that need to be washed.
When DC did dance, it was $1400 for a year, which included costumes, shoes, lessons, etc. They both play soccer, which is $40 registration fee + $30-ish for snacks/drinks throughout the season, $25 if we need new cleats, $15 if we need shin guards, $30 for pictures. That's $140 for an 8-week season; we play 2 seasons a year.   I've done classes at the Y. Ours are 4-week classes that are $20-30 per session. We do them as we have time and inclination, and I love that...
She said "if you're blessed with a partner." 
That's what I thought as well. The thing is that on the day I got called, we left. I picked up him at 1:00 from school. It's one of the "tardies." No, it's not by definition. Tardy means late, not leaving early. When I was in school, if you were there past a certain point, then you were considered (and still are, for funding purposes) present.    Apparently the policy changed this year to say that tardies count as a percentage of the day but that they count as "absence...
  First, I'm so, so happy that you've been able to move on in your life. Much of my adult life has been consumed from recovery from sexual abuse.    Second, I feel the same way about the above-quoted post. Proving sexual abuse is so incredibly difficult that the idea that there are tons of men out there in prison falsely is absurd. I also don't buy that men are so "confused" or "scared" that they plead guilty to sexual assault of a child just to "get it over with."