or Connect

Posts by Naomismom

Hi Jalilah!  I missed your intro before.  How are things going in your home?   Candace, that is very frustrating.  I too, get discouraged when things like this happen.  On the bright side, you're averaging 2-3 pounds per week.  There might be a huge drop next week.  Don't give up!  True, lasting weight loss happens slowly.  I am on day 6 and am down 3 pounds.  I was hoping for a bit more, but really I can't complain.  It's not been so bad!   Yesterday I went out...
I never seem to have time to reply.  Even now, I have to keep this really short.  How are you doing Candice?   I'm on day 5, down 2.8 lbs (yay!!!) but starting to really crave carbs.  I just want some oatmeal at breakfast!  I'm also having a hard time keeping my fridge stocked with what I need b/c I'm not used to keeping certain items on hand.    Today I discovered that I can have peppers dipped in hummus for a snack (YUM!!) and found a good dinner alternative...
I got 3 Radian carseats to fit in our '02 Civic.  No need for a minivan!  It's a pain in the butt but totally worth it.
You made it!  Enjoy your fruit!   Why is your hubby disliking the diet?  It is because you make all the food and he has to eat it too?  I've been making real meals for the kids and DH and then skipping the carb portion and loading up on veggies.   My name is Anne. :-)  Thanks for asking.   Today is day 3.  I am doing great!  Yesterday wasn't perfect but it was much better than it would have been not on SBD.  I've taken a few liberties in order to make this...
You're so close!  I found a great article about a woman who did SBD and only lost 6 pounds in phase 1.  She was discouraged but still, 6 pounds is a lot in 2 weeks.  She lost about 1-2 pounds per week after that.  That is plenty fast for me so I am trying to keep my expectations low.   Yesterday was day 1 for me   Breakfast: scrambled eggs & turkey bacon Snack: nuts Lunch: chicken on spinach Snack: nuts Dinner: lean beef and refried beans on...
I'm starting Monday or Tuesday (whenever I can stock up on groceries).  I am excited to lose the last bit of baby weight.
Check out the "Top 100 Picks" book for homeschooling.  There is a section for "Wiggly Willy" and curriculum choices that suit this type of child well.
We have multiple non-severe food allergies in our family and are looking for a restaurant near Pensacola/Perdido Key that has a gluten-free menu with other low-allergen items.  Does any place like this exist?
I could use a little help here sorting out my thoughts.  Any relevant research or articles would be greatly appreciated.   I have 3 children.  My oldest had a milk protein allergy, 2nd has milk, soy, treenuts, and citrus.  3rd (who is 4 months) appears to be sensitive to milk, soy, nuts.  None of them have ever tested positive on an allergy test.    With my first I quit nursing at 6 months because I thought the dairy-free diet was too restrictive () and put her...
I've heard good things about Happy Phonics too.