or Connect

Posts by Deb*momof3

Thank you so much for all of the help. I really feel like things are getting better. I am definatly making a huge effort to spend more one on one time with him. He has not been crying near as much. I think that he is feeling better about us. I am going to continue to work on this and I am sure I will be back often for words of encouragement and advice. Hopefully my story can help someone else in a simular situation. Deb
No. I have not read that book. I will check it out at the library. thanks for the info. Two things happened tonight that I could use some imput on. 1. My nephews were over and the one is the same age as my ds and they both love yu-gi- oh cards. My sister and I dont let them play with them unless we are in the room because in the past they have started fighting. So my nephew asked my ds if he could look at his cards and ds said no. Then he starts saying really mean...
Thank you all so much for your advice and for not judging me for letting it get this out of hand. I have read Playful Parenting and I did learn alot from it. I honestly have failed my son by not finding a way to make the time to rebuild our relationship and I do know this. I decided yesterday that I would not let this go a moment longer. Yesterday afternoon he began crying while playing with a couple friends. It was over them moving his peice of the train they were...
I need help and I dont know where to start. My 7 yo ds is really changing and I think it is because of me. First of all I am re-married so my ds lives with myself, his step-dad, and his new half brother that is 17 months old. He also has a 7 yo step- sister that visits every other weekend. My ds and I have always had a super close AP relationship but for about 1.5 years things have started slipping. His behavior has changed. He is not as caring to myself or his...
I like Chelly 2003 make a game out of it. For example tonight my 6 year old shot me the bird and then laughed. Well I said oh you can do that but you better not shoot me the pinky finger. He said why is it bad? I said oh just dont you dare do it, so of course he did and so I tickled him to a fit of giggles. We had a lot of fun with this game and he forgot all about using the middle finger. If he calls me a name I do the same thing. You can call me that but dont you dare...
I have been on it for about 7 months ~ What is it that I have to worry about since using it long term? I was planning to use it till ds was a year old and then wean myself off of it as he wouldnt be needing as much milk. Should I be worried about using it? ~Deb
I relactated when my ds was 4 weeks old. I was completley dried up and it took me about 4 weeks to get a full supply back. I rented the medela classic pump ( hospital grade) and I pumped every two hours, day and night, that was in addition to nursing my son with a supplementer system ( lactaid). I took the drug domperidone ( 2 pills 4 times a day) and the herbs fenugreek and blessed thistle ( 2 pills 4 times a day). It was a long road but completly worth it to me. If I can...
I am also looking for some replys on this. I am new to AP. I feel that my older children may have lost out on the beniefts of being attached since I was young and clueless. I feel that alot of who they have become is because of the bad choices I made. I now want to know how to attach with them. Or is it too late. Hope you get some responses.
I think it all depends on the situation. I mean in this case you are the only one that can decide if it is appropriate. DH and I both bath (well he showers) with the kids and I dont think there is anything wrong with that. If he is like a father figure to her then I would guess it would be the same as my situation.
I am with you and plan to write them.