or Connect

Posts by slgt

DD is 3, started using the potty for pee very well a bit before 2 1/2. She will not, however, POOP in the toilet. She used to be great about asking for a diaper, but now, more often than not, she poops in her pants. Argh.   DD#2 was born a few months after DD#1 started using the potty, so I'm sure that's impacted things a bit.   We've tried a lot of different approaches for pooping: Not talking about it or otherwise mentioning it. Being gently...
gDiapers DO use SAP. Click here for more information. I am doing a bit more research to find out of non-petroleum-based SAPs have made it into the diaper manufacturing business yet. I know that there are some, such as wheat-based, that are in use for other applications, but the more natural SAPs have different absorption qualities which have, in the past, rendered them impractical for diapers.   I found this article that does a pretty good job of taking apart the...
Thanks for clicking through to read what Seventh Generation has to say. I'm sharing the link here:   http://www.seventhgeneration.com/learn/news/understanding-seventh-generation-diapers  
I have to say, I think it depends on the kids. DD#1 is a little over 3. If we put DD 8 months in the room with her, boy we would have our hands full trying to keep our older one from messing with her. She loves, loves, loves & dotes on her baby sister - but she would be trying to climb into the crib with her to snuggle her. Or she would try to get her out of the crib if she woke up crying. So, DD#2 is still in our room, partially in a crib and mostly in our bed. I hope...
I'm new to this thread - is it for those of us who are struggling with sleep-related stuff? If so, sign me up! DD is almost 8 months. She's teething, she has also, in the past month or so, started crawling, sitting up (getting to-and-from, too), and just today started trying to climb up stairs and pull herself up.   I moved her into a crib in our room - had to for safety b/c she's so mobile & active. But I also hoped it would help her sleep better. But I'm terrible...
Hi Mamas! How great to see you all here, on a new thread! SomeGirl, what a an Au-Pere Nightmare. That sounds like it was so, so stressful - the last thing you want when it comes to your little one. I hope the new nanny works out. Our Norah is similar in size to your boy - 27", 16 lbs. 4 oz.  Another lanky baby! I have a friend who's son is a full 4 weeks younger, and he is around 23 lbs. and outgrowing his 12 month size clothing. Such differences in these wee...
HELP?! How do I convince DD (6.5 months) that the all night snack bar needs to close? She currently co-sleeps, mostly in our bed and sometimes in a co-sleeper.
In my grand experience of 2 - I would say you can also just give it time. I KNOW it feels like it's going on forever and ever...but starting around 4 months a lot of babies go through big developmental spurts that can last a while, and the pattern you are describing is quite common. Frustrating and exhausting as anything, though!
I'm right here with you, Matey! DD is a little over 6 months. She was a great sleeper until 4.5 months and then POOF - awake every hour. If she sleeps longer, she's very restless. I WISH she would take a pacifier! I just keep telling myself, "This, too, shall pass..."   We are still co-sleeping, but are going to try moving her into a crib in our room in the next week or two. Heck, I considered it a big win that she was in the co-sleeper more-or-less until 4 am last...
Enjoy it while it lasts!