or Connect

Posts by HarperRose

Check out the fb page Autism Discussion Page. He's got TONS of good stuff.   I refuse to read or recommend anything by myaspergerschild.com or his fb page because when he promoted an article of his that stated aspergers adults need to have social services involved to evaluate whether they're good parents, I and a handful of other adults w/ aspergers syndrome spoke up in *civil and polite* disagreement with his information and he banned ALL of us from his page. I will...
It was difficult because you had improper care during your labor. :(    My first birth was not unusual, by standard hospital practices, and my doctor wasn't bad, but my only exposure to birth, up to that point, had been witnessing my little brother's mw assisted home birth when I was 11 years old. FOR ME, my first birth was traumatic. I labored in the bed, mostly on my back, and my husband was a complete doofus for some reason and kept trying to SLEEP all day...
I'm not stalking you, I swear. lol   I have had both traumatic and healing births. I'm one handed at the moment, however, because I'm getting my 4 yr old to sleep.   Your story pains me. :( I am so very sorry.
Oh, WOW. Sometimes email is the BEST way for us to communicate, as well.    Maybe google how to include an aries man?? (My 12 yr old is also an aries! I am a scorpio.)
HOLD ON!    I agree with everything FranklySpeaking has said EXCEPT about not telling him he has aspergers. TELL HIM!!!! Going your whole life with a condition and your parents NOT TELLING YOU is detrimental and a betrayal. My parents hid my medical history until I was 29 years old. I was very angry about that.   My 12 yr old knows he has aspergers. He doesn't tell people, and the people I tell are his teachers, caretakers, or friends of ours. We explained it to...
Yeah, definitely have someone else look into this. He certainly sounds aspie-ish to me.
  Ohhh, wow, this definitely gives a little more insight. I also felt totally unsupported during my miscarriages, though the 2nd time was a little better than the first.    How does he do if you tell him directly, "Hey, I feel -x- and I need for you to say/do -x- to help me feel better." ?? Would he listen? Or would he still just zone out and be a fair-weather friend?    I don't feel alone during pregnancy, but I have felt alone other times. It's usually been due to a...
Did you tell him you needed him home? He's right - you said he could go. That is probably all he had in mind.   I have Aspergers syndrome. Because of that, I don't always pick up on why my husband is in a mood and I don't always know what he expects from me. He has to tell me. It doesn't always occur to me to act on something right away. Additionally, he doesn't always pick up on MY moods and needs, so I have to tell him.    Be more outspoken about your needs....
When I told my mom, she replied with, "I wish you hadn't done that."   Really, ma?    I get HG (incredibly sick, lose weight, need IV fluids) with my pregnancies, so she's just concerned for that, but jeez, what a way to say it. :p    I had a miscarriage in March so when I got pregnant again right away, I didn't say anything. I still haven't fully announced it, I just make comments on my facebook about baby registries and ergo carriers and general pregnancy...
On my way to a local thrift store in a little bit. They have a whole section of maternity, which is nice because goodwill just mixes it all in with everything else and it's a total pain to sort through.