or Connect

Posts by Sunflower223

Hello Mamas, I am a long time member of Mothering but I have not spent a lot of time here in the tribes forums. I would like to meet and network with mothers close to me, however.   I have four children, and I technically live in Alabama, though I am right on the AL/MISS state line. That is why I am posting here, I am actually closer to MS then most AL locations.   As for my life, I used to be an English teacher, but I now work full-time as a Childbirth and...
PoorLittleFish,   I will check out Craigslist/Ebay.  I am going to continue to look for a pump I can afford.  Thank you for the advice.     More than anything I was bothered by the way she brushed me off like my job didn't matter and then telling me that I could go ahead and get formula, whenever I was ready.  THEN to find out that other nutritionist give pumps out to women who've never claimed to have a job....  It would be different if they were out of pumps...
I have been trying to hunt down a pump that I can afford for a while now.  I have a birth coming up (I am a doula) next month.  I also work at least 8 hours per day every day, typing at home.  My husband watches the other kids while I work but that eight hours gets drug out all day long since I have to do everything for the baby with no help.  I then end up working til one or two and getting three or four hours of sleep.  I love breastfeeding, I refuse to give it up and...
I had whatever the vaccines were when I was a kid, just like I had hordes of antibiotics.  However, I was born in a time when vaccinations were still limited.  I had chicken pox, measles, rubella, and whooping cough as a child, like most people I know.  I never knew anyone who died from any of those things.  I actually had the MMR shot in elementary school when they started mandating it for school, in spite of the fact that I had already had the diseases.  I still...
        Pump, Store, and Feed with Same Bottle.   From: Angela Comer Doula =)
I totally understand where you are coming from.  I get so tired of being criticized for saying I'm tired.  My mom is the worst.  And my DH has mentioned giving the baby a bottle a few times.    I don't pump because I can't afford a pump that works.  My baby is four months old and has never had a bottle but I really didn't plan it to be that way. I assumed I would pump sometimes, I've just not had the money to get a decent pump. I bought a manual pump from WM that...
It is 1:24 AM.  No baby yet. Still haven't had any real contractions.  No fever, normal vitals, good HB for baby. I am amazed at how much water is in there after three hospital births where I was lying flat after it was broken.  I am trying to sleep.  I really hope something good happens for me soon.  My wonderful doula is here.  We went to WalMart and bought a birthday cake, bounced around on the birth ball, talked.  Finally a few hours ago we all decided to get some...
Hello ladies,   I have been following this DDC mostly, though today is my due date so I am kind of in between Jan and Feb.  I never posted my stats because I didn't regularly start reading in here until a few months ago and just never got around to it.  I've had a long terrible couple of days.  I thought my water broke days ago so my MW and I tried to get things going but never could, we tried some cohoshes and castor oil both of which failed.  Yesterday I did an...
I am  having some signs but nothing has happened yet.  I am 39.5 weeks.  With my first two I didn't have a single sign before labor began.
I keep asking the same question. I  had a good nesting spell for a while.  It was incredible.  The closer I get to my actual due date (I am 39 weeks today) the less I have any interest in doing anything.  It sucks.