or Connect

Posts by Sunflower223

It's hard to say what I would do for certain. The medical history is nice but there is a good chance that you wouldn't be able to obtain that information anyway. Does your mother know who your bio-father is, where he is, etc? I was adopted by my grandparents and I didn't know they were my grandparents until I was 21. I grew up thinking my mom was my sister. I know the name of my father and could probably find him if I wanted to but I haven't tried in the six years...
I am around 19 weeks and I feel them and have a for a few weeks. This is my 6th pregnancy and I can tell you that they have always been pretty common for me at this point.
Mama, I've been where you are almost exactly. My ex husband left me right before I had my first child for another woman. We had been together for 7 years. I was on medications for PPD but I tried to commit suicide when she was 3 months old. The medications you are on are probably not working for you. You need to talk to your healthcare provider about getting on something different. Look for a crisis center, and try to get in to see a therapist. Even if you are...
My kids are still little so I never even thought of this before. I feel like homeschooling is pretty normal in my part of the world. Not the kind of homeschooling we do, but that is another story. Anyway considering what everyone else has said I would definitely get some sort of ID. He doesn't have to wear it around or anything, he can just put it in his pocket. As long as he has idenitification I am sure it will be fine. I do remember a few kids who were actually...
I was in a similar situation and went with the midwife that I connected better with. Fortunately for me she was cheaper, comes to house for visits, and has pretty much the same beliefs as me when it comes to the birth. My first instinct is to say go with the personality you like best, but you need to be comfortable with the mw's ideals as well. These two seem to have very different ideas of how to handle birth. You may want to ask some more questions from each before...
I'm not exactly sure of the week but I know it was toward the end of my first trimester with dc2 and I was actually pretty small back then. With this baby (4th) my pants literally started to get tight before I got a pos. on the pregnancy test. It happens sooner with every pregnancy from what I understand.
Thanks everyone! Late yesterday I found the slightest little twitch near where my placenta is at the moment so I am assuming she was just in a strange position and muffled by it. Today baby is on the other side of my stomach and the kicks are back to normal. Thank goodness!
I am about 18 weeks pregnant. For the last week and a half the baby has been kicking day in and day out constantly. My midwife came Monday and gave me a prenatal and it was hard to chase the baby down but when we finally got it under the Doppler the HB was 140. Everything was fine. After that day the movement slowed down a lot. Now I haven't felt a single twinge since the day before yesterday. I can't get in touch with my MW and I don't know what to do. I qualify...
I think this thread is a great idea because my husband is not just OK with it, but he is a huge advocate. The funny thing is he wasn't at first. He worried that people would make fun of the baby and yadda yadda yadda. However, I had him set down and read threads on here, some by other men. That is what really made him see that he was wrong. Now he preaches to everyone we know about not doing circ. He did a total 180 and threads like these were a big help in the...
I am so sorry that you are going through this. I hope that you are able to use some of the resources that pp's have mentioned with success. I can't imagine going through this. I also think that it would be good for you to find someone to talk to, if you haven't already. A clergy member that you trust or a counselor. You don't have to discuss it with people at work, but that is a lot to keep bottled up. Hang in there mama