or Connect

Posts by jessica_s

I think finding someone you make a connection with is really important as a pp pointed out. Another thing you might look for is if she's familiar with your OB/Midwife and/or the hospital that you will be at. That, can make a big difference! If she's familiar with the care provider and the policies and procedure of where you are she can help you know what's coming, maybe give you a better idea of when to go to the hospital, etc. If the OB/Midwife respects the doula...
Congratulations!! That's very exciting. I will send plenty of sticky baby thoughts your way!   
In the first 6-8 weeks the only people you want STAYING with you are people you are comfortable with in an intimate setting. If I would be comfortable hanging out with them in my bedroom while topless and felt ok with telling them details of various bodily functions and if I felt ok with generally being being in pain/a mess/sleep deprived then they are ok.  If you have people over to see the baby I suggest waiting until after the first 2-3 weeks if possible. It's hard...
Love the photos! I should take some before/during/after photos too
  That was my idea. I'd throw him in, snap the baby in then sit on the seat to buckle him. I'm not sure if my oldest could reach him but we have the option of sliding that middle row back a bit. That also leaves space for a friend or me on long car rides and then I could reach everyone still. Not so worried about getting to him on short trips. 
I'm working out 2-3 days a week - I take cardo/core class and a yoga class. The same instructor teaches all the classes and I just told her I was pregnant this week (12 weeks) and she's happy I'm going to keep going but was concerned about not elevating my heart rate too high. I think that's kind of outdated right? My heart rate tends to just run high with mild activity - I can walk around and get it to 140 pregnant!  We do a lot of core work on a exercise ball so I'm...
I have a pilot and will have three kids soon too. My plan right now is to do 7 year old in the passenger side 3rd row, the seat in front down. Baby in the middle, 2 year old next to baby behind the driver. If the 2 year old bothers the baby we'll do him in the back (more of a pain for me to buckle but less stressful than worrying about injury to the baby) and my 7 year old behind the driver. We also got the Pilot instead of the minivan!! It's a lease so we might be more...
Lyndz - Your daughter is SOOO cute!! You really have a beautiful family, I'm sure you are super proud. Asher doesn't have too many words yet, mine are early to walk, late to talk but that kid can express an opinion with no problem. :D  LZP - !!!! It feels so weird to be able to tell people so soon after *I* found out. Kind of just feels wrong, like it's supposed to be mine to protect for awhile. That said, I wouldn't trade it for the other way around. I'll probably...
Hi all! I'm pregnant with my third, a huge wonderful surprise, and I'm nursing my second. I actually just found out I was pregnant at 10 weeks lol so I blissfully skipped the stressful part for me.  The soreness while nursing was one of the reasons I finally tested.. I had one cycle pp and kept waiting for my period to come!  He was also starting to nurse a lot at night around probably 7-8 weeks and once I found out I was pregnant started offering water and that has...
My first was 9lbs 7oz, no tearing :D  Second was 8lbs 5oz, no tearing or injuries with him either. They were both born pretty close to their due date.